Alienware m17x r2

bigred8080

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
I was playing a game on my AW, and about 15 minutes in the comp shut down. I didnt think anyting of it, so i turned it back on and of course the same thing happened. I started digging to see if i could figure something out. After running a graphic card stress test on the dell support site, i figured out the graphic card was the problem, mid way through the test the computer shut down again.. A day or so later i returned to my computer and started playing the said game again, this time i started the computer while it had been turned off all day. The computer shut down again, but this time it lasted a long while longer, i figured it was because i started from a cold start. I go to turn it back on and it wouldnt come on. Comes to find out the power cord was unplugged and the battery had just died. So this got me thinking, i reran the stress test again, and it went all the way through. So is it the power cable or is it some on the computer, i would have to say the power cable, but from what ive read about others having the same problem is that replacing the power cable didnt help.

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks