Alienware problems Help

deuce_23

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
HI I just purchase an Alienware 15 inch notebook. It came with windows 8.1 which i hate so i upgraded to windows 10 first chance i got, then the problems started. I noticed it started to freeze a little bit. I plugged in my usb mouse and the system froze not even control alt delete worked. Then came the big problem. I was at work playing Mad Games Tycoon the boss came to check on me so i had to quickly put the laptop away. I did not get time to shut down the game i just closed the laptop and put it in the carry bag. When i went to pull it out several hours later i burnt my hand, nothing to serious but i could not hold the laptop as it was incredibly hot. The top of the laptop was extremely hot to the point i could not hold it. I slipped it out worried i had fried it. It cooled down to the point that i opened it. The lcd screen was hot. The game had continued to run with the lid shut. Could anyone advise me on what the hell happened and i know shut it down correctly next time. Why does it freeze every now and then? has anyone else had issues? It has frozen at the start screen! it seemed to freeze when i refused to purchase the facial recognition software. Any advice or help

deuce_23

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
Intel Core I7-4720HQ Processor, Windows 10, 8GB memory, NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 970M & 1TB hard drive.

I think that it maybe windows 10 i was updating thats when it froze when i rebooted it said windows updating. Is there a way i can stop the auto updates. I use the laptop mostly at work and i have to tether with my mobile. It seems to be constantly updating. I need to stop it and use my home internet for updates.

I also ran a diagnostic check all fine so it seems to be a windows 10 update and or driver issue.

TRENDING THREADS