Alienware weird problem..... (?RAM?)

Mar 29, 2018
Hello.
Long story (2years) short. I bought a used alienware laptop some years ago. Was in really good condition inside and outside. After about a year the gpu broke and i had to replace it. After frying 3 cards they sent it to china to get fixed. It works fine. But there is a small problem.
It becomes slower and slower by each passing day to the point where games like League run at 20fps on all low while it is capable of getting constant 60 on max settings even when fights break out.
After searching around and testing things with the laptop i figured a tempral solution. I took out the rram sticks and swapped them slots. It run like new again. But after than the time that i had between its swap became less and less to the point where i had to swap them every day to get !SOME! performance back. I installed another ram stick from another laptop (took out the ones it had) and it run perfectly fine. And after a week i thought that the rams were bad so i bought a crusial 4gb stick. The laptop run like new for almost 2-3 months now until the same thing happened yesterday. I also had the ram installed on the 2 extra slots of the laptop. I moved it back to the ones it used and runs fine again. I dont know when i will have to do the swap again and i could not find anyone with similar problems. So if anyone has any idea what the problem might be please let me know.

Laptop Alienware R17 (dont remember the exact model i think 3. It has a GTX580)

Solution

Check with MSI Afterburner, it has a accurate real-time benchmarking and monitoring feature so you can check your...
Mar 29, 2018

I dont think this is the problem. After it fried all the cards they hardwired the fan to 100% all the time. The cpu never seemed to be too hot. And even after it being off all night starting it the next day (if the problem is there) it will take way too long to boot. The normal boot time for it was about 10-14 seconds and goes up to 40+ and if i opened a game or something as soon as it starts (computer still being cold) it still runs like garbage until i do the swap.

I will check again though as soon as i get home. If it is still running slow from the yesterdays swap

djluther993

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017

Check with MSI Afterburner, it has a accurate real-time benchmarking and monitoring feature so you can check your temperatures with ur CPU and GPU.

Solution