All 3.5mm headphones sounds bad!!!

an1879

Prominent
Sep 6, 2017
I've never plugged in a 3.5mm headset before i bought this one. And the audo was compleately fine but when i tried talking to my friends they couldnt hear anything from me before i powered it up to +30.0dB.

But when i did that my mic sounded like a world war 2 radio microphone 100% and none could hear what i said. I've been clicking settings and exploring but nothing is better.

Btw the headset has a hidden mic (just a small hole). So i tried another 3.5mm headset with a long mic but the only difference is that it picked up a little tiny bit more of what i said. But still same problem! loud echo, bad bad BAD quality and muffling.

Solution

Seems like things are correct for the plugs, why did you switch from the Logitech G35, that is a pretty good...

an1879

Prominent
Sep 6, 2017
The headset ive been using for a long time is Logitech G35(usb) and the 3.5mm's i tried was Coolermaster masterpulse and Steelseries Siberia 100

Pc Specs:
CPU= Intel core i7-7700
GPU= GTX 1060 6GB
Motherboard= b250M Bazooka (MS-7A70)
Ram= 16gb

And my audio drivers are:
Realtek High definition audio (version: 6.0.1.8199)
Nvidia High definition audio (version 1.3.34.27)
Nvidia Virtual Audio Device (Wave extensible (WDM) (version: 3.90.1.0)
I tried updating all of these and it said newest version downloaded.

My Case is corsair air 540 wich has a mic and sound port infront. And behind there's a Mic in, L-out and L-in

Seems like things are correct for the plugs, why did you switch from the Logitech G35, that is a pretty good headset, unless it's broken not really a reason to get rid of it.

You can try using an add-on audio card, and test the headphones in another system to see if that helps anything.

Solution