All around gaming laptop.

haggaitrading

Prominent
Dec 5, 2017
Battery life: When gaming 2 hours. Casual activities. 5 hours +
Size: 15+
Games that it should run on ultra. 60 fps.
Doom, GTA V, Battlefield 1, Skyrim, & Dark souls.
Higher than Gtx 1050ti. Prefered 1060 or 1070.
Full high definition. 4k is appreciated.
Audio doesn't matter. I just need bluetooth or an aux port.

Budget 1,500 USD max.

I'm going to college soon and I wanted something that would last me for at least 4 years.

My search only came down to these two devices.
Dell's Inspiron 7567 (battery life is exceptional but can't run on ultra. No reports of heat being high.)
And
Asus Rog Strix GL702VS. (Average battery life can run anything on ultra. There have been reports of heat is high.)

Bonus objective.
Best cooling pad or fan for laptops.
I can live without fan but apparently heat destroys the insides of laptops.
Budget. 100 USD max.

Solution
You won't like having 4k in a laptop, screen is really too small to use it with general applications (text and icons will be tiny) and for your budget a 4k screen will not be able to run games at ultra. The faster the system, the more heat you will get, no way around that. The ASUS you picked is good, has a 1070 card in it, really the only thing to change with it may be an upgrade to a solid state drive at some point. For the price that is probably the fastest video card you will get in a laptop, with the trade for no SSD and a bit lower quality screen than some others.

You won't like having 4k in a laptop, screen is really too small to use it with general applications (text and icons will be tiny) and for your budget a 4k screen will not be able to run games at ultra. The faster the system, the more heat you will get, no way around that. The ASUS you picked is good, has a 1070 card in it, really the only thing to change with it may be an upgrade to a solid state drive at some point. For the price that is probably the fastest video card you will get in a laptop, with the trade for no SSD and a bit lower quality screen than some others.

Solution