All-In-One Media Center Needs Your LCD Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Why do I have a feeling that this will end somewhere down in the basement along with the shag carpet and the wood-lined wall. Those that will buy it will be wondering in 2-years time, what were they thinking.

G

Doesn't Apple have a patent on selling already-obsolete hardware that can't be upgraded for way too much money to an unsuspecting and easily deceived public?

cjl

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
[citation][nom]festerovic[/nom]That's quite a price increase for what is essentially a 2.1 audio system + DVD. Are you sure this isn't an Apple product?[/citation]
It all depends on the quality of the speakers. There are speaker systems out there that are definitely worth this much and more.

That having been said, this certainly doesn't look like the kind of product that would have truly high quality speakers included. Maybe I'm wrong, but I would guess that this thing doesn't sound anywhere NEAR as good as other speakers you could get for that price.

sceen311

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
If this had blu-ray and I had the option to not see the speakers(by way of a speaker cover) I'd consider it for those who aren't a/v inclined.

walt526

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
Good concept, poor value at that price (assuming the speakers are inferior). Also: definitely needs to have blu-ray.

lowguppy

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
Not even worth a second look without bluray.
Not something anyone who reads Tom's would want anyways. We like customization.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
[citation][nom]festerovic[/nom]That's quite a price increase for what is essentially a 2.1 audio system + DVD. Are you sure this isn't an Apple product?[/citation]

It all depends on quality... I spent nearly that much on an unpowered center channel speaker. The enclosure looks a bit busy for me (speakers should be grilled, electronics covered imo) but it COULD be worth the money depending on components.

Status
Not open for further replies.