All of Microsoft's Coolest Stuff Will Start at Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlx

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
I could say first but I think thats stupid anyway you guys need to watch this is hilarious and gives insight to us on whats coming up for us.

G

Ballmer has to be my favorite CEO. No one else is nearly as fun to watch. Steve Jobs is a walking corpse in comparison.

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
Oh, cool..we're talking about tomorrow's technology - how about talking about tomorrow's ethics. Yep, 'cool' does start at home..good parenting..not letting corporations walk all over your kids by blinding them with solutions born of transistors and silicon, rather than the common good in all of us.

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
Intriguing..within just minutes comments from myself and lashabane are down-marked. Not even a whisper of a rebuke or any form of explanation either..just a rapid fire and forget flagging campaign it seems. I wonder if it's the same veritable army of interests who take great exception to things like people exercising their free speech on You Tube. Psst..we number millions.

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]Ballmer has to be my favorite CEO. No one else is nearly as fun to watch. Steve Jobs is a walking corpse in comparison.[/citation]

I dunno..look where being trendy and entertaining got Obama (apart from his skin colour*.

* Source: BBC Election night..reasons why some people voted for him.

gtvr

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
[citation][nom]wild9[/nom]Intriguing..within just minutes comments from myself and lashabane are down-marked. Not even a whisper of a rebuke or any form of explanation either..just a rapid fire and forget flagging campaign it seems. I wonder if it's the same veritable army of interests who take great exception to things like people exercising their free speech on You Tube. Psst..we number millions.[/citation]

Because your comment is out of context and makes no sense.

victorintelr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]wild9[/nom]Intriguing..within just minutes comments from myself and lashabane are down-marked. Not even a whisper of a rebuke or any form of explanation either..just a rapid fire and forget flagging campaign it seems. I wonder if it's the same veritable army of interests who take great exception to things like people exercising their free speech on You Tube. Psst..we number millions.[/citation]
Yeap, you're right, wild9, nonsense commentaries number millions (upon millions upon millions)

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
[citation][nom]victorintelr[/nom]Yeap, you're right, wild9, nonsense commentaries number millions (upon millions upon millions)[/citation]

LOL, it's probably the spammer making more room to display their spam.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]Ballmer has to be my favorite CEO. No one else is nearly as fun to watch. Steve Jobs is a walking corpse in comparison.[/citation]
Not by comparison, he is a walking corpse in actuallity.
That pancreatic cancer will kill the SOB one day, just like Patrick Swayze.
Thing is, now that Bill Gates stepped down and let Ballmer carry on you just get the feeling that Microsoft will be just fine and dandy for the future and when Ballmer steps down someone will step in and they will be just fine and dandy again ... but who is going to step in after Steve Jobs? Without his Joseph Stalin approach to the company will it sink under the waves the way it did the first time he left?

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]wild9[/nom]Oh, cool..we're talking about tomorrow's technology - how about talking about tomorrow's ethics. Yep, 'cool' does start at home..good parenting..not letting corporations walk all over your kids by blinding them with solutions born of transistors and silicon, rather than the common good in all of us.[/citation]
Binding? How?
You can buy a PC made by one of a hundred differant vendors or build it yourself from millions of combinations of componants and pop Windows on it, or, if you are so inclined you can put Linux on it, or if you are really commited you can hax it and put Apple's OSX on it.

Your implication, because that's what it was, is that you buy a PC and are slaved to Microsoft as some sort of evil oppressor.

Pop quiz
What company forces you to use hardware sold only by itself, for a serious premium, whilst enforcing the pre-installation of its own OS on every one, with an enforced pre-install of its own web browser and at the same time vigorously litigates against everyone who dares to show people how to run their OS on home-built machines?
3 guesses and the first 2 don't count...

G

"Ballmer says that Kinect will blow you away.";
Great that Ballmer says that, but I don't think so... I really won't care the least for kinect esp so in the coming 5 years.
When Ballmer says something, it's usually not so!

Status
Not open for further replies.