All PC sounds are playing through my headset mic.

Shadowy13

Prominent
Mar 14, 2017
Windows 10, latest possible Realtek drivers, Logitech G430 headset. My Lenovo Ideapad 150-ISK has only one port on it - a headSET port. In theory, it will support mic and audio from a splitter. I'm doing this, and am using a recommended splitter, with no damage to the port or cord. Pink in mic, green in audio, etc. Realtek is set to separate all input jacks into independent input devices. This shows my mic, and my mic works. With one problem: every sound from my pc is played through it. I've tested this countless times with multiple programs with correct settings, it's played through the mic in crystal clear quality (so not software, but hardware). I've gone through at least 30 forum pages on this and none have helped me. If you need more info, I'll be happy to provide. Thank you!

Solution
Sometimes a combo 3.5mm port will not work with an adapter for dual 3.5mm jacks. It also could be the adapter.

You could try a dual 3.5mm jack to USB adapter. They normally have no problem with this.

Qhemist

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017
What webworkings said, your sound card might not support the splitter. I would recommend doing what web said, get a 3.5 to USB adapter, that should fix your problems. There also might be some settings on your audio device that needs to get tweaked. I can remote connect and check it out for you. Just send me a message.