Alternate charger for portability? Asus GL502vs

Dizzzy25

Estimable
Dec 14, 2014
Hey! So I love my GL052vs since it is soo good for gaming. One of the main reasons that I had purchased the laptop was to have a powerful yet portable computer. BUT, my issue is since it is a gaming computer the power brick is huge! I would like to know if anyone here can inform me on replacement chargers that are not as big as the factory one. I just need something that can charge the laptop and is smaller in profile for portability reasons. I don't plan on using the lower wattage charger for gaming, but rather just to charge the laptop enough so I can run lightweight applications for school. If it is at all possible to use a lower wattage charger, what are some safe recommendations you have? thanks in advance

Solution
Well all you need is an adapter that has the same output 19.5volts at a lesser current (say maybe 5A instead of 9A) which would equal lower watts, with a 5.5mm x 2.5mm plug.

t53186

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
Well all you need is an adapter that has the same output 19.5volts at a lesser current (say maybe 5A instead of 9A) which would equal lower watts, with a 5.5mm x 2.5mm plug.

Solution