Solved! Am I more likely to be hacked by a human or a computer?

eman2002826

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017
Computers will randomly guess common passwords, and combinations of words, and if they don't succeed will resort to brute force, meaning the best passwords to use against computers are long, uncommon passwords.

Whereas humans are more intuitive, and can spot patterns, and use personal details like your name and address to help guess your password.

So who am I more likely to be hacked by? Should I design my passwords against the weaknesses of humans or computers?

Solution
Computers. Because humans are easily distracted and get bored with trying to hack you. Computers don't have those problems. But a good, uncommon password with Upper, Lower, Symbols and Numbers will be difficult for either.

hotaru251

Estimable
Oct 30, 2014
computers.

Humans RARELY hack anymore.

Its much easier to use a program to do countless attempts than to have a human manually attempt it (unless they actually know/have info about you IRL)

kanewolf

Judicious
Computers. Because humans are easily distracted and get bored with trying to hack you. Computers don't have those problems. But a good, uncommon password with Upper, Lower, Symbols and Numbers will be difficult for either.

Solution

iamacow

Estimable
Feb 11, 2015
12 character that is not a word. We can't talk about how-to password cracking on these forums, But i've cracked my old ones within 5 seconds using a rainbow table attack. Now mine is looking around 11 years. Good luck getting into my files.

Also make sure to have your email, bank, and each social media using different passwords. All it take is one company to data leak and all your accounts are compromised. I'm not surprised when I get notices someone in Russia is trying to access my Instagram. seems random, but its just a bot trying attacks with old emails and passwords.

iamacow

Estimable
Feb 11, 2015
Just never use a real word. Throwing a $ in the middle of awe$ome doesn't slow anyone down. Rainbow tables have that covered. l33t speak can work...kinda depends who's attacking and if they care enough to get your data.