Amazon Fire TV and surround sound

Malcala69

Prominent
Apr 15, 2017
I recently purchased and installed Amazon fire tv but my surround does not work with it. My Vizio tv model is E550i-B2 and my Panasonic surround model is SA-BTT196. What adapter do I need to purchase as my surround system only has one hdmi port?

Solution
Connect a HDMI cable from the HDMI 1(arc) socket on the TV to the HDMI socket on the surround sound receiver.
This will carry all 5.1 audio signals from the TV.
In the sound menu on the TV select the "Digital Audio Out" option and change it to "Bitstream"
On the Amazon Fire TV under "Display and Sound settings", set Dolby output to Dolby Digital Plus Automatic
Now anything connected to the TV will send the audio to the receiver.
Not all apps on the Amazon Fire TV will output 5.1

Rannee

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017
If you buy a Bluetooth receiver about £13 for the likes of a car but plug it into the TV auxiliary audio input then find it from Bluetooth search on fire tv VOILA... Needs a USB power to the device . Works a dream when HDMI does not pass the sound.
Ron.

kango69

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016
Connect a HDMI cable from the HDMI 1(arc) socket on the TV to the HDMI socket on the surround sound receiver.
This will carry all 5.1 audio signals from the TV.
In the sound menu on the TV select the "Digital Audio Out" option and change it to "Bitstream"
On the Amazon Fire TV under "Display and Sound settings", set Dolby output to Dolby Digital Plus Automatic
Now anything connected to the TV will send the audio to the receiver.
Not all apps on the Amazon Fire TV will output 5.1

Solution
Oct 8, 2018
Hey kango69, my Bose system is older with NO HDMI so I used the Optical Audio Output option to the TV. Surround sound works good with my regular TV and recordings, but if I try to watch a movie on Prime or Netflix, I have to turn on the TV speakers because Surround Sound won't work. Any ideas or suggestions.... ANYONE???