Amazon Germany Prices and Dates Wii U

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
december 21 is a bit late though. just 4 days before christmas. i dont think thats a good move. best to release it november and have a chance to restock in december to have best sales.

scythe944

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]iceonfire[/nom]Isn't Dec 21 supposed to be the day the world ends?[/citation]
Ha, yeah I think so. Guess it'll never get released then!

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]december 21 is a bit late though. just 4 days before christmas. i dont think thats a good move. best to release it november and have a chance to restock in december to have best sales.[/citation]

It'll just give people in the U.S. another reason to trample and fight trying to get into the store causing unnecessary damage and harm in a greedy effort to get there hands on it in the holiday madness.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
[citation][nom]erunion[/nom]400 euros! Is this going to be a $500 console? xbox 360 launched $400. Wii at $250.[/citation]

its possible, nintendo has shown many times that they do not like losing mioney on the console sales, prices dropped on the Wii awhen they started to be cheaper to make not when the market would say it was a good move to increase sales and move games.

on the other end of the spectrum m$ and $ony will sell at a discount losing money on the console expecting to make back th emoney on games apps and services over the life of the console. both are valid buisness models but hopefully nintendo won't kneecap sales by makign the console priced out of the reach of the consumers who would want it

clivene09

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
[citation][nom]g00fysmiley[/nom]its possible, nintendo has shown many times that they do not like losing mioney on the console sales, prices dropped on the Wii awhen they started to be cheaper to make not when the market would say it was a good move to increase sales and move games. on the other end of the spectrum m$ and $ony will sell at a discount losing money on the console expecting to make back th emoney on games apps and services over the life of the console. both are valid buisness models but hopefully nintendo won't kneecap sales by makign the console priced out of the reach of the consumers who would want it[/citation]

Thats hardly accurate though. Nintendo was willing to sell 3DS at a loss while Sony was not willing to do the same for the Vita.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
there is no way nintendo will price its console higher than the competition. they already know they will not be able to match the horsepower of the next playstation and xbox so the hardcore crowd is out even if they are able to get a few strays. although i can see them selling it at that price at first because they will be the first next gen console available

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
[citation][nom]clivene09[/nom]Thats hardly accurate though. Nintendo was willing to sell 3DS at a loss while Sony was not willing to do the same for the Vita.[/citation]

sorry i should have specified this is on their home consoles. with handhelds they have a pretty well cornered market and do in fact sell at a loss where they recoup after a few games sales.

and @ captaincharisma the reason it is supposed to cost alot is they are increasing the power in the machine is they are supposedly trying to compete with m$ and $ony on performance which i am all for, the more competition the better i say, but am also sceptical that they will bridge the gap in power under the hood.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]erunion[/nom]400 euros! Is this going to be a $500 console? xbox 360 launched $400. Wii at $250.[/citation]

The dollar has become weaker since 2005 and prices in the Eurozone include about 20% VAT (depending on country). So the real price is about 330€ or 420USD. Not unreasonable.

btw: xbox360 was launched at 400€ in europe.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Calling an initial epic fail if that's true. I didn't think even Sony or Microsoft would go that high out the gate this time around after the hard time they had before, and Nintendo has not demonstrated that the Wii U is significantly more capable than the PS3 or 360 being sold for half that price now with a much better fleshed out game library.
And I thought they learned their own pricing lesson with the 3DS.

erunion

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
[citation][nom]molo9000[/nom]btw: xbox360 was launched at 400€ in europe.[/citation]

Like you said, the dollar was stronger then. It seems very reasonable that the wii u will be $450-500 based on that euro price.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Don't see myself spending $500 on any game console unless it has some amazing side uses.
After all, you can get a decent basic Laptop or PC for that money.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Until it's official, no different from blindly guessing at price before.

Several sites have the games up for preorder for $99.00. I'm pretty sure they're using placeholder prices and there's no real price given to them yet since doubling the price of games would be strange and uncalled for. Getting a solid release date is much easier for them since stores will have to know when to stock such an important seller and are given that info sooner than pricing. They set the price far higher than expected so they won't have to deal with customers if the price goes higher later. People complain about being charged more, not when charged less. Do you really think the first place they'd give a price to is Amazon Germany and not Japan or US sellers?

But hey, don't take my word for it. Actually find someone that actually can read German and visit the page itself. There's a disclaimer that states that it isn't the official price and will likely be lower. Bothering to fact check a site in a foreign language is apparently a step most journalists don't take these days. Good going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS