News Amazon has reportedly made canceling Prime much harder — thanks to 'dark patterns'

Rufionn

Commendable
Feb 24, 2022
Too many questions, too annoying. Cancel your credit card. Stop payment. Send a registered letter canceling - if you can find a way to reach them because that is just about impossible. Best way to do it, is to cancel your credit card and get a new "different" brand so no charges or automatic payments are carried over. OR, notify the company via telephone and in writing that they should not accept any Amazon charges.

Mar 20, 2022
Too many questions, too annoying. Cancel your credit card. Stop payment. Send a registered letter canceling - if you can find a way to reach them because that is just about impossible. Best way to do it, is to cancel your credit card and get a new "different" brand so no charges or automatic payments are carried over. OR, notify the company via telephone and in writing that they should not accept any Amazon charges.

That's far more work than clicking through two extra screens, but you do you....

Rufionn

Commendable
Feb 24, 2022
That's far more work than clicking through two extra screens, but you do you....
Well, I listed a couple of options. However, it's not actually a lot of trouble. You call your credit card company and tell them not to accept any Amazon charges - end of story. I've done it. It worked, my membership ended with a few notices from Amazon about not being able to charge my care which I ignored. Probably less than 2 minutes.