Amazon Kindle Hits Target This Month

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Huh... Cheaper DX? $95? Am I missing something? Last I checked the DX was the EXPENSIVE version for $489.

G

Wow . . . bad, bad typos in this one. I sure as hell didn't pay $95 for my Kindle DX.

rmmil978

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
"Unfortunately, April is a big month for ebook reader devices, offering consumers three new choices--the Kindle, the Nook, and Apple's iPad"

Why is this unfortunate?

babybeluga

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
[citation][nom]Evilstumpy[/nom]"Apple's Kindle" hmm....Steve Job's did it again.[/citation]

Tom's has been infected with the apple worm!

G

I sit and stare, and I can not for the Apple of god understand this post.......

G

Apple's Kindle and "cheaper $95 Kindle DX" destroy the credibility of this article.

niz

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2003
With all the artificial limitations and lock-in it has, You'd have to be a moron to buy a kindle.
You can buy much better (less limited and more useable) e-book readers such as nook or sony for the same or less than than the price of a kindle.

dgingeri

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
[citation][nom]niz[/nom]With all the artificial limitations and lock-in it has, You'd have to be a moron to buy a kindle.You can buy much better (less limited and more useable) e-book readers such as nook or sony for the same or less than than the price of a kindle.[/citation]

but you can't just flip it on, shop for books, and get a book to read without ever going to a computer. It can receive books either through USB or through emailing them to the unit. Sure, it doesn't read all formats, but I have yet to find a book that is only available in one format.

I like my Kindle. I've transferred over a dozen 'free' books to it using the USB connector so far, and several more books in pdf format through email. (I'm picky about the books I read. So, I only have about 40 books on it right now.) It's not nearly so limited as some seem to think.

G

I got my wife the kindle for Christmas and she has read some 200 books in the last 3 and a half months. It actually gives me time to play my PS3 so it was a win-win. But anyway, she loves it. And the buying a book without the need for wi-fi is a HUGE selling poing. We were on a 10 hour road trip when she finished a book, then just bought the next one without so much as a hiccup. The nook isn't bad, but the sony reader just sucks in comparison.

foody

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
[citation][nom]babybeluga[/nom]Tom's has been infected with the apple worm![/citation]

I thought Macs didn't get "worms".

Status
Not open for further replies.