Amazon Makes Fun of iPad's Reflective Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabot00

Distinguished
May 4, 2008
We got Motorola's Droids dumping on Apple, Microsoft giving Apple a funeral, and now Amazon's joining the orgy.

edawebdesign

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010
There is nothing more perplexing to me than the wide scale adoption of glossy/reflective screens. In anything brighter than a single bulb, I can't even use it. I will be so happy when they come out with a tablet with a matte screen (lenovo pls?)

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
[citation][nom]sabot00[/nom]We got Motorola's Droids dumping on Apple, Microsoft giving Apple a funeral, and now Amazon's joining the orgy.[/citation]

orgy?

don't you mean gangbang?

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
Only problem i have with the ad is the guy. He doesn't have thick rimed emo goggles, doesn't look like a pompous ass, isn't drinking starbucks coffee, and doesn't respond to the girl with some sort of idiotic regurgitated apple zombie statement that somehow justifies his reason for buying all apple products.

Other then that great ad.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
better idea:
the guy tries to show off his ipad to the woman and accidentally blinds her with the reflection from the screen...
and leave out the price; people can look it up if they are that technically inclined as to considering purchasing one of these devices.
Other than that, priceless.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
I bet Apple loves all these competitor ads making fun of their products.

What's really funny is all the haters who think these ads are great. Problem is, they don't understand what's really going on.

Anyone in advertising knows that when competitors are making these types of ads that you must be doing something good. Really good. Nobody makes these ads about companies who are struggling or having difficulties selling. Only companies at the top who are very successful get this type of attention.

chick0n

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]I bet Apple loves all these competitor ads making fun of their products.What's really funny is all the haters who think these ads are great. Problem is, they don't understand what's really going on.Anyone in advertising knows that when competitors are making these types of ads that you must be doing something good. Really good. Nobody makes these ads about companies who are struggling or having difficulties selling. Only companies at the top who are very successful get this type of attention.[/citation]

I guess you forgot the "Hi, I'm a Mac" commercial.

Who was it making fun of? Windows. and most of those ads weren't even telling the true.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]chick0n[/nom]I guess you forgot the "Hi, I'm a Mac" commercial. Who was it making fun of? Windows. and most of those ads weren't even telling the true.[/citation]
Thanks for making my point, and showing you still don't get it.

PC's running Windows (Microsoft) have by far the largest share of the market. Macs (Apple) are also-rans in this area. So they are simply doing the same thing - attacking the big guy.

NewJohnny

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2009
[citation][nom]Proxy711[/nom]Only problem i have with the ad is the guy. He doesn't have thick rimed emo goggles, doesn't look like a pompous ass, isn't drinking starbucks coffee, and doesn't respond to the girl with some sort of idiotic regurgitated apple zombie statement that somehow justifies his reason for buying all apple products.Other then that great ad.[/citation]
So you're disappointed that it doesn't match your outdated stereotype of an Apple product user? I would almost say you're a typical, selfish, narrow minded pc/nix user, but I'm not going to stoop to your level.

wicko

Distinguished
May 9, 2007
[citation][nom]NewJohnny[/nom]So you're disappointed that it doesn't match your outdated stereotype of an Apple product user? I would almost say you're a typical, selfish, narrow minded pc/nix user, but I'm not going to stoop to your level.[/citation]

Aww, looks like someone's feelings are hurt :(

Status
Not open for further replies.