Amazon May Be Launching Film, Music Locker Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
I don't care how many movies and songs they let you store. Using netflix I pay $8/month and I get to watch all of their movies whenever I want. Why would I pay Apple or anyone $20 to watch my movies and listen to my music?

"Thanks for purchasing Avatar through iTunes, would you like to watch it on your TV for only $20 more?"

no thank you!

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
So Apple not only has iTunes that forces you from now till eternity to use it's hardware for playback, but now they will store the content for you in the Cloud so that you can never actually own it.

If you stop paying for their $20 a year Cloud service, does that mean you will be denied access to the stuff you have already bought?

If so they you have not actually bought the music, you are just renting it.
A perpetual income stream forever and ever.

Here's a really good idea, for about $70 you can buy a 2TB HDD and put about half a million songs on it and never have to pay the Apple Cloud-Tax.

guruofchem

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
Amazon announced the service this morning - 5 GB of cloud space and a player to access music stored in your Cloud for PCs and Android devices. I worry though that we have two antagonistic trends at work - the content providers are pushing bandwidth-intensive cloud storage, while service providers seem to be more vigorously setting download quotas. Collusion to make both sides rich, perhaps...?

Status
Not open for further replies.