Amazon Prime quit working on my Vizio TV.

Jun 2, 2018
Just starts to spin up and then freezes. Netflix andother apps still work. Works on other devices. I tried resetting the cache. Still nothing. Thoughts?

Jun 2, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from jpsnides : "Amazon Prime quit working on my Vizio TV."

Just starts to spin up and then freezes. Netflix andother apps still work. Works on other devices. I tried resetting the cache. Still nothing. Thoughts?
More about : amazon prime qui

Aug 23, 2018

Mine doesn't even get that far. When I press the Amazon button on the remote, the network info at the top of the screen pops up and that's it. :( I'm not sure what the problem is.

Aug 28, 2018

I had the same problem. The solution was to do a factory reset on the TV (Press Menu | System | Reset).
Rebooting didn't help. Removing the app and adding it back did not help either. There is no way to manually update the TV's firmware -- updates happen automatically while the TV is turned off. The last resort was a factory reset.

The downside is that you will be starting from scratch and need to re-activate all of the applications, etc. That was 20 minutes of fun.

Jan 22, 2019
We were told that "older Vizio tv's" no longer support Amazon Prime movies :( we were told to buy a new tv! That's a bunch of crapanola if you ask us. We are super upset, unsure what we will do. We have a 2nd, smaller tv, but it seems that paying for Amazon and NOT getting prime tv should give us a discounted yearly fee!

Feb 2, 2019
We were also told we needed a newer tv as well. Anything older than a 2016 model is no longer supported by Amazon. This was the word straight from Amazon tech support.