Amazon Prime vs. Walmart ShippingPass: Which Is Better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike_2

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016
One of my main concerns when contemplating on buying something online was and is if something is wrong with what I ordered, the process of sending it back. So Walmart is looking extremely impressive that I can buy online from their site and if something is wrong, I can return it to any of their local stores right here and get a refund just that quick. Nobody can do that with Amazon or any other store online that does not have local stores. And the cost of their shipping pass is cheaper than going with Amazon Prime. Yes Amazon Prime offers media stuff, but for me, I don't really use it. If I buy something online I absolutely NEED to have a fast way to get a refund if something goes wrong. It's just that simple. So, Walmart just earned my business over Amazon. No shipping something back and waiting days to get a refund. Just go into a Walmart store and get a refund the same day I return it. Simple. Sorry Amazon, but there's nothing better or faster to able to return an item for a refund or exchange than to be able to go into a local store to do it. Amazon doesn't have local stores to be able to accommodate that need. Amazon started out as an online business (no brick and mortar stores) and trying to create their own offline store but like it's in one or two cities. They have a loooooong way to go to catch up with other stores that already have hundreds of local stores all throughout the nation and other parts of the world. So Amazon loses my business. It's a no-brainer. I NEED a fast refund (whenever needed) just as equally as I want a fast delivery. The two go hand-in-hand. Can't have one without the other. And Walmart offers both and can because they have local stores all over the place.

akattkisson

Estimable
Jul 21, 2014
Totally understand the need for face-to-face, in-store returns. I've never had a problem with returns and Amazon, but physical mail can be such a hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.