Amazon the TV Network: Six Comedy Pilots in Production

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerky_san

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Hmm this actually seems like a smart move.. If they can get into making their own TV shows/news.. Then they already have payers to watch.. Very interesting..

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Jerky_san[/nom]Hmm this actually seems like a smart move.. If they can get into making their own TV shows/news.. Then they already have payers to watch.. Very interesting..[/citation]
Traditional TV channels like CBS or ABC will go APE SHIT!!!
They have almost zero room for diversification, they will not want anyone cutting into their game

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
FFS 90% of the series are crap comedies, and 9% are shit and the 1% are good and get cancelled in the first season...

wannabepro

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
First, I am very happy at this news, the more competitors the better..
The only show I am remotely interested in is Dark Minions; however, maybe some of the others will pique my interest.
What astounds me is that excellent TV shows like Firefly, or Last Resort get cancelled in their first season.. Is the secret recipe to a successful TV show to make it a pointless recycled dribble so people don't have to think?

How can a show like Firefly get cancelled while complete crap like The Office continues many seasons...

G

Alpha House
Alpha House was written by Academy Award nominee and Pulitzer-Prize winner Garry Trudeau (Doonesbury, Tanner ’88). Alpha House follows four senators who live together in a rented house in Washington DC.
Episode 1: The four 8-term senators play the original Call of Duty on their Xbox, while the entire country falls off the fiscal cliff.
Episode 2: They debate as to who killed more Nazis.

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
I hope it goes better than the Netflix origional series attempts. They are not downright awful... but they are just kinda 'bla' and you can tell they are trying too hard and are not simply enjoying themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.