Amazon: We're Not Opening Physical Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

chriskrum

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
A big plus with Amazon is avoiding sales taxes. If they put a brick and mortar store up in my state I'd no longer use them.

I think this was a stupid rumor to begin with, that any reporter with half a brain should have seen through.

angryfingertips

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
Considering how slow amazon is to ship items compared to other e-tailers, I would buy in store. Whenever you use super saving shipping, they always seem to hold your items for a few days before shipping, unless you pay for the more expensive shipping.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
I don't think amazon would want to open a physical store. electric bills, property taxes, business association fees, more employees, more overhead. An online only business is a very stream lined way to do business. It allows for low overhead and helps them keep competative prices.

bogcotton

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
[citation][nom]chriskrum[/nom]A big plus with Amazon is avoiding sales taxes. If they put a brick and mortar store up in my state I'd no longer use them.I think this was a stupid rumor to begin with, that any reporter with half a brain should have seen through.[/citation]

It's about opening physical stores in the UK, we only have one tax on sales of normal goods and that's VAT, you pay it whether you sell online or in a shop.

The only added cost to them would be the rent / utility bills and if they don't reassign current employees, wages.
But I'm sure that they could match the online + P&P price in real stores if they wanted to, whilst maintaining the same profit margins.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
so anyone know what was the result of Amazon vs New York, I believe...

either city or the state of NY was trying to collect sales tax from Amazon....

ukcal

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
Kind of pointless for them to have stores where you could only pick up items. The items have to be delivered somewhere, so why add a middle man? E-commerce is all about cutting out middle men.

scryer_360

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007

Well I expected that there wouldn't be any stores from Amazon, why screw with their business model like that?

But more importantly, anyone else notice all todays news so far is reported to us by Jane? What happened to Tuan? Not that I'm sad to see Jane reporting all the news, just wondering if she finally succeeded in eating all her co-bloggers and took over or not.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]scryer_360[/nom]But more importantly, anyone else notice all todays news so far is reported to us by Jane? What happened to Tuan? Not that I'm sad to see Jane reporting all the news, just wondering if she finally succeeded in eating all her co-bloggers and took over or not.[/citation]

I am JANE, hear me ROAR! RAWWWR!!

Nah, I'm based in Ireland so I work GMT hours. Interestingly enough, both Kevin and Marcus write at least 6 articles each per day and Tuan only does maybe one a week. Show the other boys some love, yo!

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]I am JANE, hear me ROAR! RAWWWR!!Nah, I'm based in Ireland so I work GMT hours. Interestingly enough, both Kevin and Marcus write at least 6 articles each per day and Tuan only does maybe one a week. Show the other boys some love, yo![/citation]

so NOT into showing guys love .. not that there is any thing wrong with queers , jsut i'm not one .. would much rather show you love jane :p

keep those articles rolling !

Status
Not open for further replies.