I have a pre-built P170EM laptop. Whenever I try to play any game using the dedicated graphics card, although the video is a lot better quality, the FPS is lower (abyssmal; 20-30 on lowest settings for games that aren't too intensive). I've updated BIOS and uninstalled/reinstalled drivers for both graphics cards, but I can't seem to diagnose or fix the issue properly. Any help would be great!
Please do try doing a clean install of the graphics driver that may do the trick.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the AMD graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to AMD.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: http/support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Reboot the PC once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot do set AMD to High Performance then test it again.