AMD GPU driver is not recognized after installing Windows 8.1 OS

Jun 19, 2018
So, i have a Dell inspiron 5545 with A10 7300 quadcore and a dual Amd graphic integrated R5 and dedicated R7 265m, anyway the main problem is that i installed windows 8.1 and the driver for the video cards its not working correctly. Let me explain. I did a fresh install of the windows (i used to have windows 7 so i wanted to switch to something new) , take all the drivers i could from the manufacturer and all of them worked instead of the amd driver.
i tried with autodetect from the Amd site, install it and it does only see the dedicated one.
Next one i tried with an older driver and still the same problem.
I want to mention that all the windows updates are installed.
The message i receive from the radeon settings is "radeon settings are currently not available. please try again after connecting amd graphics" and in device manager i have the "R7 265m" installed and the integrated one with "microsoft basic display adapter"

Pls help me with what i could to to make the driver see both video cards.
Thank you in advance :D

Solution
Go to "Control Panel" and then "Device Manager". Open "Display Adapters" and then right click on the one you are trying to work on. Now you will get a few options to choose from. You can click "Scan for hardware changes". Which I would do before doing anything else. Just to check things. Then there is the option right in that menu to "Update Driver Software". Or, which I would use rather than the direct update, would be to click on "Properties" and then click on the "Driver" tab. From here there are many things you can do. Including roll back the driver if need be.
Jun 19, 2018

no, i didn't. In order to do that is by uninstaling the driver and go to windows updates or how?

Go to "Control Panel" and then "Device Manager". Open "Display Adapters" and then right click on the one you are trying to work on. Now you will get a few options to choose from. You can click "Scan for hardware changes". Which I would do before doing anything else. Just to check things. Then there is the option right in that menu to "Update Driver Software". Or, which I would use rather than the direct update, would be to click on "Properties" and then click on the "Driver" tab. From here there are many things you can do. Including roll back the driver if need be.

Solution