AMD Overdrive problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathew Cole

Estimable
Feb 5, 2015
Solution
the clock varies between 1.9 GHz and 3.2 GHz automatically to stay within its TDP based o. number of cores in use, load, and power settings. That is all the article you linked referred to. nothing is said about overclocking. you should not be trying to force it to 3.2GHz 24/7 it would burn up.

unksol

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
the clock varies between 1.9 GHz and 3.2 GHz automatically to stay within its TDP based o. number of cores in use, load, and power settings. That is all the article you linked referred to. nothing is said about overclocking. you should not be trying to force it to 3.2GHz 24/7 it would burn up.

Solution

Mathew Cole

Estimable
Feb 5, 2015
I don't get it. When I take it lower then 19x I can't put it back up. I just put it down to 18x and tried to put it back to 19x, but it kept going back to 18x. Why is that?

clutchc

Distinguished

That I can't answer. But I'll bet if you reboot, it is back at 19. Check with CPU-Z and see if it agrees with AOD.

clutchc

Distinguished

Not the easy way, by raising the CPU clock multiplier. You can still squeeze out a couple hundred MHz by increasing the base clock. But that will entail quite a bit more work because most everything else also runs off the base clock and would need to be down-clocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.