AMD Phenom II X3 710 - 4th Core Unlock (HELP)

jared_l

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
I built a new machine using an AMD Phenom II X3 710 triple-core processor. I also purchased the Biostar T-Series board that is able to unlock the 4th core using AAC. However, when I set AAC to Auto or All Cores, I still only get 3 cores in Windows. Currently, I have it on 3 cores, overclocked from 2.6GHz to 3.2GHz, which isn't really a problem. I just want to get this 4th core unlocked to see if it's stable.

My question is: Which BIOS version for the board do I need to unlock the 4th core? I was reading about how AMD released a statement to all AMD board companies to prevent 4th core unlocking in more recent BIOS's..so something tells me I need an older version. Just hoping someone can pinpoint exactly what it is that I need.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
AMD Phenom II X3 710
Biostar TForce TA790GX A3+ (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138141)

Thanks.

OvrClkr

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
Go to the "T Series" Menu , then to "CPU Tuning"

Find "Advanced Clock Calibration" And Set To "All Cores" (If It Doesnt Work , Try Auto As Well)

Find "Core Levelling" And Set To "Enable All Cores"

You Should Now Have All 4 Cored Detected

Make sure you have the most updated BIOS.... hope this helps...

jared_l

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
Thanks for the reply.

I've done both of those, however, as I mentioned, I still do not see the 4th core. I think my BIOS needs changed, but I'm not sure which version I need to go to. Can you help? Or, if you have the same board, tell me the version you're using?

Thanks again.

jared_l

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
Thanks a lot.

I'll give it a go when I get home this afternoon. Is there anything in particular I need to do when using the Winflash utility? I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit with UAC enabled. Just trying to be cautious.. I don't want to destroy my board, haha.

EDIT: Oh, sorry. There are two updates listed on that page. Which one do I get?

Also, is there anywhere I can get a guide on how to properly overclock my CPU? I just put it on automated overclock for V12 tech engine and it gave me 3.2GHz per core. I was wondering if there was another way to get more processing power out of it.

dmmbbs

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
Same is the case with me. The CPU unlocks but windows doesn't show the fourth core. It's only when I install and run PCwizard that I find there's a 4th core running at 0Hz. No BIOS versions or overvoltages could give me a working 4th core.