AMD-Powered MSI Tablet Finally Arrives in the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerky_san

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
My work is wanting to replace crap with iPads but with windows on this.. if you can hook monitors to it think if you could take the HDMI and split it between two monitors then you could have a truly portable desktop..

G

Dump comment by the end of the article. Should put your opinion out of it. Lack of details such as this tablet can run Win7 as well as Android

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
I'm not sure $600 is a bad deal. It's got a 32GB SSD, 4GB of DDR3, and should have good battery life. There's still going to be a "tax" on tablets for the time being anyway so it could be worse.

jdwii

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
no its not considered you cant even do flash on the ifag, been waiting on acer to come out with a windows 7 tablet with fusion.

palladin9479

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
This could be a very interesting device. I wouldn't compare it to a netbook at all, its got a SSD tons of memory (for a tablet) and is a touch screen. And while you can get netbooks with SSD's and 4GB of memory, the touchscreen sets it apart.

webdev511

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2005
This would be really compelling with a user replaceable SSD & Windows 8, the latter I hope we'll see at the Build Conferance in September. IMHO this hardware was ment for Windows 8. Well it was is Win 8 lives up to the few peaks under the covers we've had so far. :)

cohetedor

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
This design paired with a keyboard dock like the Transformer would make the perfect device, touch tablet for media/simple use and a full Windows installation and keyboard for when more is needed.

torque79

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
Love the specs. Might jump on the bandwagon for generation 2. I wonder if there are limitations on what software it will allow you to install. is it still app based, or because it runs windows 7 can you install anything (despite some programs obviously being a bad idea for its hardware capabilities)?

Status
Not open for further replies.