AMD RADEON 8850M DRIVER PROBLEMS!Dell Inspiron 17R 5737(HELP)

TheOneAndOnlyy

Estimable
Jun 25, 2014
I just opened my laptop and i noticed that it wasnt behaving so well.So i went on the device manager and saw that my display drivers (Both intel and AVG HD ) were having problems.The only choice that i had left was to restore my computer.Once i did that, at the device manager-display adapters were only Intel hd driver(AVG HD was dissapeared).So now i dont have amd drivers on my computer.I've tried downloading them from amd.com and dell.com but doesnt work.Please i need some help!I spent a lot of money on this computer.

Solution

How-To Install AMD Catalyst™ Drivers For A Windows® Based System
before installing the drivers ''Close all opened applications including any live monitoring anti-virus, firewall, remote-access, or webcam...

chris987

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
probably wrong - corrupted driver http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/GPU57RemoveOldGraphicsDrivers.aspx use this to uninstall all previous amd drivers and http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool use this autodetect tool to make sure you download and install the correct driver.

TheOneAndOnlyy

Estimable
Jun 25, 2014

I have tried everything.I just reinstaled windows 7 hoping that anything would change but it didn't.I don't know what else to do.I've tried every single way.Thanks for your help though!

TheOneAndOnlyy

Estimable
Jun 25, 2014

I've tried that like 100 times.Amd catalyst center opens,runs for a short time and then it says :instalation's complete but errors occured.I have no idea what else to do.Thanks for the comment though!

chris987

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013

How-To Install AMD Catalyst™ Drivers For A Windows® Based System
before installing the drivers ''Close all opened applications including any live monitoring anti-virus, firewall, remote-access, or webcam software before attempting to install the AMD Catalyst Driver.''

Solution
If you did a factory restore, that should have installed all the correct drivers. If you are having issues with the video card after that, it could be a hardware issue.

Update the BIOS and chipset drivers on the laptop, then try the drivers from Dell, not AMD. Make sure you select 32 or 64 bit drivers depending on what you need.