Solved! Amp protection fuses

Sep 18, 2019
I'm trying to sort an old receiver and have discovered that one of the protection fuses on the back is blown. It just says 2,5A on it so is that 250V 2.5A? I have a circuit diagram and it seems to be on a 63V line.
I guess it might just blow again when I replace it so my next post might be to ask where to look next!

Solution
The voltage doesn't matter just the amperage and whether the fuse is a fast or slow blow fuse.
A fast blow would be most common. Do not replace the fuse with a higher or lower value and don't try it more than once. If it blows again then you could have a blown channel or bad power supply. Could be time for a new receiver.
The voltage doesn't matter just the amperage and whether the fuse is a fast or slow blow fuse.
A fast blow would be most common. Do not replace the fuse with a higher or lower value and don't try it more than once. If it blows again then you could have a blown channel or bad power supply. Could be time for a new receiver.

Solution
Sep 18, 2019
Many thanks for that, I had just about come to the same conclusion. Having checked the wiring from this fuse I didn't see any obvious problem so I put in a new fuse and tried it - and everything worked!