An Illustration of the 500 Worst Passwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micropat

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2009
[citation][nom]LORD_ORION[/nom]"Artist" and "Illustrated". It's a freaking hand written list![/citation]
+1
I guess with all the keyboards these days hand writing is fast becoming an art - an ancient art.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I don't see why something like |||||||| is unsecure? Are these supposed to be passwords people can guess or passwords that can be cracked?

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Haha funny ones... dirty ones too...

blowme? booger? whatever? 6969? hentai? letmein?

never thought of these before:
zxcvbn
qazwsx

how are these considered worst:
abgrtyui (ok so no letter or special chars... but still...)
rush2112 (combination of letter and number...)

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
"At one point or another we've all had a lame password that we used just because it was easy to remember. Sure, "boobies" or "password" might be easier to remember than "hh67g_omi_jja" or something else similarly cryptic, but you're definitely putting yourself at risk with such a weak password."

There's more in this world then the English language: try picking an easy to remember word in a foreign language (a word that doesn't exist in English of course).

xaira

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
my password isnt up there and its really easy for me to remember, yay im the smartest person on the planet, unless, my password is so dumb that even the dummest people think it would be stupid to use my password :>

jfem

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
[citation][nom]xaira[/nom]my password isnt up there and its really easy for me to remember, yay im the smartest person on the planet, unless, my password is so dumb that even the dummest people think it would be stupid to use my password :>[/citation]
Mine is easy too.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
I talked to a real hacker... He was hacking and stealing steam accounts and changing the password (basically stealing your games). He said he just tried the password "matrix" on user accounts until he found one that used it for a password. Then he would sell the accounts.

Lessen to be learned: DO NOT USE A WEAK PASSWORD ON YOUR STEAM ACCOUNT!!

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
I have a thought. Statistically speaking, the chances of 1,2,3,4,5 & 6 appearing in a 6 ball lottery is exactly the same as any other combination. Since most systems lockout after 3 or more attempts, as long as your password, isn't "password", isn't a combination such as "asdfgh" just as likely as any other countless random combination? Besides this list 500 so called stupid password - by that same logic I could think up 500 more, like mom, dad, tom, lucky and countless other swear words.
My point is as long as you balance the risk and what you stand to lose against it being easy to remember, then do we need to be so elitist/anal about passwords? Do we all need to get the strong random ASCII upper lower case password generator just to setup your password to say Facebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.