An Insider Claims That Google Music is Losing Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I wonder why.. OH THAT'S RIGHT!
We're sorry. Google Music is currently only available in the United States.

How about expanding the music/movie rental crap to other countries hey?
You know? Expand on your consumer base? You have billions to get licenses required to make it to other countries like ehem.. THE WORLD and not just centre it around a single body of people.

And you wonder why it's failing.

omega21xx

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
In my opinion Google Music is great. I may not buy any music through it, as I'm not really interested in the wide majority of crap the floods the charts. (They don't have enough music I like I guess) However the application, and streaming the 60GB of music I have accumulated through the years, is amazing and saves me from needing a huge SD card or secondary listening device.

frozonic

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
[citation][nom]phatboe[/nom]I don't see the point in buying music anymore now that I have Spotify[/citation]
i dont see the reason of buying music at all, i have utorrent and mediafire.

phamhlam

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
I use Zune Pass so I find no interest in Google Music. I like paying local artist for their hard work also by purchasing their music.

darkavenger123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
Today is the first day i heard of Google music....and i currently own a Galaxy S2 and Galaxy Tablet 7.7...previously using HTC Desire...all Android platform....Google is spreading their resources too thin...and it doesn't helps Google music only available in the US. I heard Google+ is dying too...guess Google is having too many fingers in too many pies...in the end, all they get is the cream!

G

I for the life of me can't figure out why Google hasn't created: (1) a centralized repository for podcasts like iTunes had; and (2) a tool for podcasters to upload to that repository and iTunes in one step. As the late comer, Google has to make it easy for those already providing content to Apple to provide it to Google at the same time. I've been wanting to dump my iPhones for a long time, but its for a voracious podcast consumer like myself, iTunes on the iPhone makes getting the latest podcasts easy.

G

Figuring out Google Music's problem is pretty easy. Other than some recent specials, they have the highest prices.

arlandi

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2007
maybe because where Google open its music service already has too much competition?
why not open it to the rest of the world??

G

I had never really thought about Google Music until recently when I purchased a Galaxy Nexus which runs Android 4.0. Google Music is built into the OS, making it quite easy to purchase music, and stream it. Plus I can listen to it through the browser on my work computer, home computer, and on my new Asus Transformer Prime (which also runs 4.0).

I think Google simply hasn't had enough handsets out running ICS. When it does, the service will take off. It really is a great interface. It makes the Amazon MP3 player look archaic, and I am a HUGE Amazon fan.

leadpoop

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
This coming from a music executive! I just started uploading my music to Google Music two days ago. Expand it globally, put out better music and it will do well. The last CD I bought was in 2004 and it was a music of the 60's CD. I haven't downloaded anything illegally either sense then either.
If you are a music artist you would be a damn fool to go with the labels.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
This is the second time I've heard of Google Music. First time was when it was hyped and I said that this would fail miserably. Second time is now that I hear it is failing miserably.

G

I use Google Music to play my music, but I buy my music from Amazon. Why? Because I like having a cloud player that's nice and simple, but I will not buy an "mp3" that I never get to download. Google Music never let's you actually "own" your music by storing it yourself on your own hard drive. Amazon I can buy the mp3, put it in their cloud storage, and download it locally (where it immediately transfers to google music). If google wants my money, they need to allow me to download my mp3 library from their storage.

i8cookiemonster

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
Google music makes a decent music storage locker, but it doesn't separate music you've uploaded from music you've purchased, and I see no way of storing music you've purchased locally (for instance, what if I'm going on vacation and am going to be stuck in a plane for 3 hours, it'd be nice to take my jams with me!). Most other services such as iTunes sync to the device, so there's no problem there.
So basically, you 'buy' music that you can't use without an online connection, and if you are going to do that you might as well go with a cheaper more user friendly option like Pandora/Spotify/Last.FM.

i8cookiemonster

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
OK...so apparently I did not look deep enough into the settings, apparently you can 'pin' songs to the device (so that they are stored locally). I did not know that before...so ignore my rant on the inability to store music locally!

Status
Not open for further replies.