An iPod Dock the Size of a Dining Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Nice waste. Just another reminder that there are lots of dumb people out there; in case Apple were not sufficient.

nukemaster

Distinguished
I take offense to the iNuke thing.

been there done that.
sw3a5y.png

in_the_loop

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007
I don't get this.
The retail price for this behemoth is said to be a staggering $30 000!
Yet, since the Iphone/Ipod is the device playing the songs, it won't even support a bunch of popular lossless codecs like Flac or ape.
I mean if you dosh out such a big sum on having a great music experience and you then get limited on the get go!

G

10KW of music is not a "great music experiance". It's just a power hog and loud. And cheap at the power rating so most likely it'll sound like crap no matter the signal source.

creekrob

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
[citation][nom]in_the_loop[/nom]I don't get this. The retail price for this behemoth is said to be a staggering $30 000! Yet, since the Iphone/Ipod is the device playing the songs, it won't even support a bunch of popular lossless codecs like Flac or ape.I mean if you dosh out such a big sum on having a great music experience and you then get limited on the get go![/citation]

You forget that this is targeted at fans of Apple products. It doesn't have to make sense from a price/performance perspective, it just has to be related to a piece of fruit.

frozonic

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
[citation][nom]in_the_loop[/nom]I don't get this. The retail price for this behemoth is said to be a staggering $30 000! Yet, since the Iphone/Ipod is the device playing the songs, it won't even support a bunch of popular lossless codecs like Flac or ape.I mean if you dosh out such a big sum on having a great music experience and you then get limited on the get go![/citation]
[citation][nom]creekrob[/nom]You forget that this is targeted at fans of Apple products. It doesn't have to make sense from a price/performance perspective, it just has to be related to a piece of fruit.[/citation]

IGNORANTS, apple have a lossless audio encoder that you can use in itunes when you import music from a CD or simply convert a "FLAC" song to "WMA losseless" and then to "apple loseless" and it is fully compatible whith the ipod iphone and ipad products, its call "Apple loseless codec" and it uses a .m4a extension and in the songs i have tried to convert have reached a bit rate of up to 1048kbps

creekrob

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
^"IGNORANTS"

Irony is a beautiful, beautiful thing.
Yes, I'm aware that Apple has a lossless codec, however, that doesn't mean that the product is worth 30,000 dollars (not sure on the price, simply commented based on in_the_loop's comment).

petrusbroder

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
Just a small question:
How do they isolate the iPod or the iPhone from the energy of the sound?
Even if 95% of the sound is directed away from the device I doubt that iPod and iPhone were built for such vibrations. Has anybody tetsted the endurance of the devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.