Analogue Terrestrial TV to Digital Changeover

mostolto

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012
Have been having a real problem with a bad analogue terrestrial TV picture. The antenna was installed on the roof of the apartments by a TV technician sometime ago, but all channels are now extremely snowy. Am assuming this is a weak signal, being caused by an antenna, or cable problem, as am unable to improve the picture through tuning the TV. The TV company will be transitioning to a digital terrestrial TV signal, that will require a decoder, and ought to be implemented sometime this year. Will I be able to use the present antenna and cabling in order to receive this digital signal, and if so, can I expect the same bad picture with a decoder? What could be causing this problem, and how can I establish what it is, or should I rather just waite for the digital changeover, to be implemented? Thank you

jerry6

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009

all new tv have the decoder built in . Around my place it is ATSC over air and I receive it fine with my old vhf-uhf antenna .In fact better picture than my fathers place with basic cable (non hd )I get 24 channels in HD

mostolto

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012
pic is snowi..:).
& Santa is coming
for Christmas