Analysts: Nokia Lumia Sales Could Be Over 1 Million Units

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
Lumia is not yet release here in Asia, and waiting for anyone to review it, fully, and I am interested in the battery life. While the E7 was a very good phone, it has a very short battery life...

I do hope that the Lumia 800 or Lumia 900 will trounce the iPhone, in capability and specially in price.

G

Why would anyone want one of THESE phones....Being tied to Microsoft is the worst thing you can do!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

probably going to get one of these in a few months when my contract is up. We all know all big companies have some bad qualities, but I'm much more comfortable with MS than with Google's 'we own you, your data, and your thoughts for eternity' mentality. No way in h3ll will I touch and Apple product

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
[citation][nom]No MS[/nom]Why would anyone want one of THESE phones....Being tied to Microsoft is the worst thing you can do!!!!!!!!!!!![/citation]
As opposed to Apple? You have way more freedom on Windows.

acyuta

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
Bought 2 in 2 weeks. First purchase was of Lumia 800 for my wife on 9 Jan 2012. Liked it so much that I thought of replacing my old E72 with another Lumia 800 or Galaxy SII/Note. I went to the Samsung shop but somehow could not bring myself to buy the Note. Instead I went to the Nokia shop on the floor below and bought another one (this one for myself). Could not be happier. On an absolute/standalone basis (no comparisons with X hardware or Y operating system):
1. beautiful to look at and handle
2. fluid and easy to operate OS.
3. enough apps in the marketplace to cover my needs.

Finally what was always at the back of my mind: my excellent experience with previous Nokia phones (from 2001 onwards).

G

I got a cyan Lumia 800 the day it hit the shelves, and I am very, very happy with it. Yes it has its flaws, as does iOS (own an iPhone, too), as well as Android.

But the user experience is really great. I dont care if it has dual core or not, everything's really smooth, no hickups. Touch keyboard is very accurate (most important thing for me on a touch-based smartphone).

In terms of build quality it is IMO superior to anything I've seen yet. And I really do like the color, it stands out the crowd.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
I'm breaking my own rules with waiting for the new and best thing here... but I almost bought the 800, but decided to wait to see the intel offerings, and want either Tegra 3 or the intel if it does well with x86 programs balanced with battery life... but the 800 looks nice and was vry inuitive, it'd be my recomendation for friends on the market looking for a windows phone

alterecho

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
People should also try out the Omnia W. Its the exact same specs as the 800 (8 vs 16) but almost half the price. Omnia w also has a front facing camera. It fits in your hand quite very well because of its slim form factor. WP7 on both these devices is stunning! (Both have super AMOLED).

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
I don't really see Windows Phone taking the landscape anytime soon, but things change...

I wonder if Apple and Google are gonna let that happen. I also wonder if MS will be able to leverage Win8 into something cross platform and appeal the masses.

The times ahead seem pretty nice for us customers; lots of options for us 8)

And related to the news... It seems like Nokia's gamble really payed of. At least it seems so far. The Lumia line might not be ground breaking, but it's a solid line up non the less. If they're starting with the masses, it's a good start IMO.

Cheers!

mrmaia

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
As a Nokia fanboi for years I'm glad they landed a big hit, even if MSFT help was needed.

I hope they don't sell off completely like it was rumoured last month.

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
[citation][nom]acyuta[/nom]Bought 2 in 2 weeks. First purchase was of Lumia 800 for my wife on 9 Jan 2012. Liked it so much that I thought of replacing my old E72 with another Lumia 800 or Galaxy SII/Note. I went to the Samsung shop but somehow could not bring myself to buy the Note. Instead I went to the Nokia shop on the floor below and bought another one (this one for myself). Could not be happier. On an absolute/standalone basis (no comparisons with X hardware or Y operating system):1. beautiful to look at and handle2. fluid and easy to operate OS.3. enough apps in the marketplace to cover my needs.Finally what was always at the back of my mind: my excellent experience with previous Nokia phones (from 2001 onwards).[/citation]
That's one review.

gogogadgetliver

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
[citation][nom]Azimuth01[/nom]Things could change, but right now I have no intentions of ever owning another windows phone.[/citation]

Just curious, what was your last one?

marcolorenzo

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
I must say, it really annoys me when people start criticising it just because it doesn't have a dual-core chip. If it's running smoothly then so what? I'm definitely planning on getting a Lumia for my next phone, but by the time the contract on my iPhone finishes, the 900 might be out so I think I'll wait for that.

purist

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
This is another advertisement for Nokia. Sales figures are not available as yet and the phone may flop, or not. There is no information to suggest it'll go either way. This is not a news article or even a comment on the qualities of the phone, the market or the industry as a whole. It is a comment on an article by Bloomberg which "came up with" an average prediction from some analysts. Please put "Paid advertisement for Nokia" or "Paid advertisement for Bloomberg" in the title.

gogogadgetliver

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
[citation][nom]marcolorenzo[/nom]I must say, it really annoys me when people start criticising it just because it doesn't have a dual-core chip. If it's running smoothly then so what? I'm definitely planning on getting a Lumia for my next phone, but by the time the contract on my iPhone finishes, the 900 might be out so I think I'll wait for that.[/citation]

Amen.

http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23smokedbywindowsphone

marcolorenzo

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
[citation][nom]purist[/nom]This is another advertisement for Nokia. Sales figures are not available as yet and the phone may flop, or not. There is no information to suggest it'll go either way. This is not a news article or even a comment on the qualities of the phone, the market or the industry as a whole. It is a comment on an article by Bloomberg which "came up with" an average prediction from some analysts. Please put "Paid advertisement for Nokia" or "Paid advertisement for Bloomberg" in the title.[/citation]

Although it is speculation, market predictions by respected sources like Bloomberg are still valid news items that's worth taking note of. Just because it doesn't cater to your biased tastes doesn't make it a paid advertisement.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
I want to know how long this phone lasts??? I refused to buy any smartphones ever since because they only last 4-5 hrs...thats retarded because i demand my phone to last 2 days with heavy use of texting. I own a Rumor Touch I been very happy with it because it lasts 4x longer than anybody's fancy shiny smartphones lol I laugh at smartphone users that lug their charger around all of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.