Analysts Predict Influx of Apps in 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accidental

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
Question: How does the approval process for apps on the iPhone @ Apple differ for those on Android at Google?

Just my hunch, but I think Android apps will surpass iPhone in the coming year in both quantity and quality. Android resides on many handsets from many manufacturers. There are also no country-wide exclusivity agreements in place for Android phones (or at least the Android OS). Considering smartphones are now surpassing the iPhone in every category, adoption of Android will significantly spike in 2010. This is because innovative companies like Motorola and HTC can focus on hardware while Google continues developing the Android OS. Apple's 'sandbox' business model seems no longer as effective as before.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
[citation][nom]jonpaul37[/nom]Wish there was a stronger word other than "apps" for the Driod, any ideas people?[/citation]

How about "directives" each "app" is a "directive" to do something.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
[citation][nom]jonpaul37[/nom]Wish there was a stronger word other than "apps" for the Driod, any ideas people?[/citation]

Or you can use "functions"

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
people, it's gotta be a catchy phrase. "app" is to application as "shots" would be to snapshots...

so while Functions or directives could be used, there would be no catchy phrase to use. "funct" just sounds weird and "dirs", just no...

it would need to be something cool that all the cool people "must have"

MrHectorEric

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
I have a Droid, and find there's already enough apps out there. The Android Market isn't that easy to search through even. Google needs to add a lot more filters with how many more are being predicted to be added. Though I imagine there will be a plateau and won't reach the estimated numbers.

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
I certainly hope to see major apps creators porting their products to Android (one example, ePocrates and Merck Manual); these are already available for Palm/iPhone/WinMo. That would help even more the adoption of Android phones if you add the huge functionality of a popular app to it.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009

Like what... "cations"?! Its short for applications so i dont see another words for it. Though if it starts turning into another appstore they might as well call them crapaware.

littlec

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009

How about Program. Just talk about it like you would for anything installed on your PC.

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
[citation][nom]jonpaul37[/nom]people, it's gotta be a catchy phrase. "app" is to application as "shots" would be to snapshots...so while Functions or directives could be used, there would be no catchy phrase to use. "funct" just sounds weird and "dirs", just no...it would need to be something cool that all the cool people "must have"[/citation]

Instead of functions, lets call them Methods, which would be Meth for short... Or maybe not...

Status
Not open for further replies.