Android 4.1 Jelly Bean-based CyanogenMod Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
[citation][nom]iknowhowtofixit[/nom]Gotta finish ICS for the HP Touchpad first...[/citation]

Agreed. Hasn't been so much progress on that as of late. Getting worried that there will never be a final release.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Got CM9 on my Samsung GT-P1000, and despite it being a nightly build, it's actually way more stable and way smoother than stock Gingerbread firmware. The only concern I have with it is the lack of the dock by default (had to get Apex Launcher just for it - which also brought smoother menu animations) under a stupid excuse that "it's a tablet, it doesn't need a dock". That's BS, a 7'' tablet is great with a dock... and I saw Nexus 7 having a dock, so I hope CM10 adds that by default too. Other than that, I only miss a few Samsung apps (they had an amazing music player that had the best layout EVER) and that's it. I recommend Cyanogenmod for anyone who isn't too afraid of some rooting/flashing (despite all the alleged dangers, it's just like flashing a BIOS... get the right stuff, don't disconnect power and you're fine).

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
agreed, the hp touchpad is one of the best android tablets I have used (except for the transformer prime)

hopefully they complete android 4.0 for it

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]iknowhowtofixit[/nom]Gotta finish ICS for the HP Touchpad first...[/citation]

Same here. They did not even finish CM7 on the touchpad much less CM9. Have to rely on the tenderloin builds.

JimmiG

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
No proper CM9 for the Optimus 2X yet, it's pretty broken (no camera, no video, crashes when rotating display etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 4
Z Streaming Video & TVs 6
Z Streaming Video & TVs 10
Z Streaming Video & TVs 8
Z Streaming Video & TVs 1
Z Streaming Video & TVs 15
Z Streaming Video & TVs 13
Z Streaming Video & TVs 2
Z Streaming Video & TVs 8