Question Android Box Stuck in loop at bootup

Oct 31, 2020
Hey!

A few years ago, I bought this android box called RedRhino for $300. It was just a custom Kodi with an overpriced service fee. I say was because now there is a $150/year fee just to keep the Kodi service updated. Anyways, I decided to uninstall any apps that had anything to do with their company and use my box for its Android OS. I installed a bunch of programs, etc.

After a few years of usage, I wanted to start fresh. I factory reset my box through Settings > Storage. It got stuck on the loading screen for awhile, but eventually it brought me to the "home page", where I would usually see all my apps. This time, there was only a black screen with the home, back, window, and power off buttons at the bottom. All buttons were unresponsive except the power button. From here, I decided to try rebooting the device (Power Off > Reboot). This brought me into an endless loop of the loading screen. I unplugged the box and plugged it back in with a paper clip in the reset hole. This brought me into the following menu:

From here, I tried wipe data/factory reset. After it was "done", I hit the reboot system now button. All of these kept me in my endless loop. I tried rebooting into bootloader, same thing happened. I think my only option here is to install new firmware (which is unobtainable since RedRhino does not provide such things, and doesn't even exist as a company after scamming countless people). Any solutions?

Thanks!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Streaming Video & TVs 0
drjackool Streaming Video & TVs 1
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
darkkamikaz Streaming Video & TVs 0
The Perfect Stranger Streaming Video & TVs 2
ddk0014 Streaming Video & TVs 1
andymbarn Streaming Video & TVs 0
K Streaming Video & TVs 10
jetpacksam Streaming Video & TVs 0
F Streaming Video & TVs 4