Android Browser Now 2nd Most Popular for Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamion

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
I didn't know Word had a browser :p

No but seriously, I don't have smartphone yet, only because I think its too expensive for a phone really. I know, it might be more than just a phone but I don't really need the other stuff in my daily life.

G

The stock Honeycomb browser looks and feels (and is for all intents and purposes) like Chrome. Same rendering engine, Jscript engine, etc.

Dandalf

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
Jesus. I'd have thought technology buffs would know this, why do I keep seeing people ask why there is no chrome mobile browser? The default android browser is Chrome. It's a webkit browser so is pretty much the same thing.

ezeroc

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2011
Android’s Browser really isn’t Chrome. The two are both based on WebKit and use Google’s V8 JavaScript engine, but there are dozens of other features that Google is trying to associate with Chrome that they couldn’t possibly squeeze into a mobile web browser

afrobacon

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
I thought most people with an android phone switched to something better, like Dolphin. Well, I can't say better since I haven't used default since I got the phone, but it definitely wasn't the best back then.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
[citation][nom]spookyman[/nom]I am surprised Google Android has no Chrome browser for their phones.[/citation]
if they added one, google would probably sue who ever made the google android OS and force them to remove it from the market place

G

"if they added one, google would probably sue who ever made the google android OS and force them to remove it from the market place"

I guess then Google would be forced to sue themselves then, since they own the developer that created the Android OS?

retrig

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
[citation][nom]razor512[/nom]if they added one, google would probably sue who ever made the google android OS and force them to remove it from the market place[/citation]
Obvious troll or obvious idiot? *head explodes*

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Been using Opera Mobile on my Android phone. Surprised more people don't, it's much better than the default Android browser.

That being said I never realized Opera was actually ranked #1 for mobile browsers. Everyone I know who has Android devices thinks I'm talking about Operah (the talkshow host) when I mention the browser I use.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Well, to be honest the default Android browser is at least decently functional while the mobile Safari is, well, a piece of turd at its best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
nith81 Streaming Video & TVs 0
K Streaming Video & TVs 0
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 6
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
P Streaming Video & TVs 0
A Streaming Video & TVs 0
G Streaming Video & TVs 4
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 2