Android Just Overtook Apple iOS and BlackBerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

shady28

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
I don't want to be an apologist for iOS, but I don't trust the numbers above.

In past analysis like this, the numbers have counted all android devices vs only iPhones. That's nutty; there are 15 million iPads out, and far more iPod Touch devices.

To support this, consider: The iTunes App store brought in 1.7+ billion in 2010, vs the android store's $110 million. In other words, iOS app store is almost 20x larger (in dollar revenue) than the Android App store.

The balance isn't tipping quite as fast as some would like everyone to believe.

lashton

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
Um just like all the ios numbers which includes, iphones, ipods,m ipads and even apple computers
Note they say android and ios, ios includes all of the above, so apple are diddling the numbers

lashton

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
[citation][nom]shady28[/nom]I don't want to be an apologist for iOS, but I don't trust the numbers above. In past analysis like this, the numbers have counted all android devices vs only iPhones. That's nutty; there are 15 million iPads out, and far more iPod Touch devices. To support this, consider: The iTunes App store brought in 1.7+ billion in 2010, vs the android store's $110 million. In other words, iOS app store is almost 20x larger (in dollar revenue) than the Android App store.The balance isn't tipping quite as fast as some would like everyone to believe.[/citation]

Lets explain this better above numbers are activations, android inlcudes phones and tablets, ios includes, Iphone, Ipods and Ipads and Apple computers runnings ios, also i doint know where you got your info from, Android devices can run .jar files and these number the billions where iphones cant!, the market availiable to android is MUCH larger than the ios, and just because it may make more money does NOT make it better, have you seen the sh!t on the app store (sure android also) but android apps are generally better value because the OS is free also, android will eventually lay waste to ios along with windows Phoen 7, which i think will end up killing ios in sales, and if Intel and Nokia get thier os going then we will have another player, that fact is Android out sold ios devices for the last 2 years running, before that Nokia and balckberry out sold iphones, so apple never has been in the lead, android devices are X 2 (phone and Tablets), aple are X 4 (Ipad, Iphone, Ipod and Apples ios computers)

ProDigit10

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
was bound to happen.
Already from the beginning I saw that android on phones had a much brighter future than the ios or blackberry os-es!

loomis86

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
[citation][nom]shady28[/nom]I don't want to be an apologist for iOS, but I don't trust the numbers above. In past analysis like this, the numbers have counted all android devices vs only iPhones. That's nutty; there are 15 million iPads out, and far more iPod Touch devices. To support this, consider: The iTunes App store brought in 1.7+ billion in 2010, vs the android store's $110 million. In other words, iOS app store is almost 20x larger (in dollar revenue) than the Android App store.The balance isn't tipping quite as fast as some would like everyone to believe.[/citation]

READ THE TITLE OF THE CHART! smartphones...duh.

masterofevil22

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
Absolutely LOVE my Galaxy S Epic 4g!!!! For $73mth I get Unlimited 4g, text, voice to any wireless carrier and the phone does EVERYTHING!! and does it extremely well (Running the official 2.2 update); sharp photos and video (no red eye), full desktop like browsing experience (with full embedded flash support), amazingly accurate GPS (within a yard accuracy in maybe ~7 seconds), video chat over 3g, 4g, or wifi, wireless hotspoting (up to 8 devices), runs all apps and widgets without a hitch, has a full QRTY keyboard that is tactile and lights up, 5.1 surround though headphones, streams media to and from pc's, tv's, etc, etc, etc. Oh yeah and the Super AMOLED screen is second to none. Everyone who sees it regardless of who the support say the same thing...WOW.

loomis86

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
[citation][nom]lashton[/nom]Lets explain this better above numbers are activations, android inlcudes phones and tablets, ios includes, Iphone, Ipods and Ipads and Apple computers runnings ios, also i doint know where you got your info from, Android devices can run .jar files and these number the billions where iphones cant!, the market availiable to android is MUCH larger than the ios, and just because it may make more money does NOT make it better, have you seen the sh!t on the app store (sure android also) but android apps are generally better value because the OS is free also, android will eventually lay waste to ios along with windows Phoen 7, which i think will end up killing ios in sales, and if Intel and Nokia get thier os going then we will have another player, that fact is Android out sold ios devices for the last 2 years running, before that Nokia and balckberry out sold iphones, so apple never has been in the lead, android devices are X 2 (phone and Tablets), aple are X 4 (Ipad, Iphone, Ipod and Apples ios computers)[/citation]

Nokia has already switched to wondows phone 7. After windows 8 is released, I really think WP7/WP8 will overtake all other phone operating systems. For good or bad, microsoft is on a roll right now.

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
[citation][nom]masterofevil22[/nom]Absolutely LOVE my Galaxy S Epic 4g!!!! For $73mth I get Unlimited 4g, text, voice to any wireless carrier and the phone does EVERYTHING!! and does it extremely well (Running the official 2.2 update); sharp photos and video (no red eye), full desktop like browsing experience (with full embedded flash support), amazingly accurate GPS (within a yard accuracy in maybe ~7 seconds), video chat over 3g, 4g, or wifi, wireless hotspoting (up to 8 devices), runs all apps and widgets without a hitch, has a full QRTY keyboard that is tactile and lights up, 5.1 surround though headphones, streams media to and from pc's, tv's, etc, etc, etc. Oh yeah and the Super AMOLED screen is second to none. Everyone who sees it regardless of who the support say the same thing...WOW.[/citation]

Do you need a tissue to clean up?

Signed,
Another Android User

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
Wait a minute... what HTC phones run WebOS? That chart shows HTC having 1% of the WebOS devices, but I have not seen any official non-Palm phones running WebOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.