Question Android OS architecture/APK Question

Aug 21, 2021
Everyone, good afternoon.

I have been wracking my brain over this for two days now, and I've decided to just ask the question.

Backstory: My best bro's birthday is this weekend; he has children and so cannot enjoy gaming as much as he used to. He like teamfight strategies and Runeterra legends.

Now the question/issue, the first game Teamfight tactics can only run on a 64bit OS. So I was considering purchasing a Samsung Tab A 10.1, but after reading reviews, I discovered that it was "64-bit ARMv8-A." (32 bit mode). Because I don't own any tablets with this chipset/bit OS. I am unable to conduct the exam.
Could someone please clarify the difference between "32-bit mode on a 64-bit OS" and just a 64-bit Android OS?

Also, because it says 32 bit mode, does that mean it has the libraries to run 64 bit programmes, implying that the mode flips automatically?

Sorry if this is unclear; because I don't fully grasp the architecture, it's tough for me to ask the question.

Thank you ahead of time.

hang-the-9

Titan
32 bit mode on a 64 bit OS is just so 32 bit programs can run on it. You are probably overthinking things here, any decently modern system will run programs from the Android app store. You are more likely to run into an issue with the Android version than with the CPU architecture.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Apps General Discussion 0
P Apps General Discussion 0
S Apps General Discussion 0
magnificent_90 Apps General Discussion 1
F Apps General Discussion 0
barryallen82 Apps General Discussion 0
Z Apps General Discussion 0
lorder Apps General Discussion 1
M Apps General Discussion 0
Madzskie75 Apps General Discussion 0
V Apps General Discussion 1