Android Takes ''Network Hog'' Crown From iOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjjb

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
that is a bit obvious due to that most iphone owners have a 2gb data plan which sucks B**ls. And also due to the growing app store :) keep it going android!!

hikayu

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
all i see is that unless a new technology is introduced to relieve this issue , most ,if not all, carrier will simply follow ATT footstep . and i wish that day never come , i go over 3Gb data each month watching netflix on my tethered laptop from my android =D .

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Wait until the IPv4 runs out, that would be a bigger problem. I don't think our current smart phones support IPv6 yet.

bsbsbsbs

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
"the study indicates that the surge in traffic stems from better cameras, better video recorders, and software capable of editing the footage."

Exactly right but you forgot to mention Flash and actually being able to download stuff because it's OPEN.

+1 for Android

formin

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
not the phone but the user.....
Droid users are on a different level and do way more stuff with their phones. of course they are going to use more data

thegrinch1234

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
Smartphones can still use WiFi and its cheaper (free most of the time if you know where to look) than using most dataplans from carriers in addition to being faster. Since most dataplans in the US are pure garbage, its best to keep the 3G data for when you absolutely MUST use it, which is when you think about it, seldom. Its convenience more than anything.

maurath55

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
or it could just be the fact that there are how many diffrent phones running driod? there are only four iphones

g-thor

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
The telecoms see a crisis coming where demand will outstrip the capacity to meet that demand. Of course, they aren't really trying to talk people out of buying smatr phones now, are they?

Caught up in their own overwhelming desire to separate people from their money, even though they know that they will, ultimately. be offering inferior service for the same or (wait for it) higher prices. Nice way to build a business.

blackjellognomes

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
[citation][nom]maurath55[/nom]or it could just be the fact that there are how many diffrent phones running driod? there are only four iphones[/citation]Maybe it's just me, but it really irks me when people confuse the Droid phone and the Android OS. I guess it's just tricky marketing on Verizon's/Motorola's part.

Status
Not open for further replies.