Android Traffic to Surpass iPhone Soon in the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marokero

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
Didn't Google acquire AdMob recently? And aren't a lot of ads flash based? iPhones/iPods don't do flash. The results may not be as unbiased as they report - just something to think about.

steve_jobs

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
This won't last for very long. Android violates several of our patents. Once we start suing more companies besides HTC then Android will probably be no more.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
I have regained a little faith in humanity, to see that people are still capable of making logical purchasing instead of just following fashion trends.

Long live Android!

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
[citation][nom]marokero [/nom]Didn't Google acquire AdMob recently? And aren't a lot of ads flash based? iPhones/iPods don't do flash. The results may not be as unbiased as they report - just something to think about.[/citation]
Admob has native SDKs for both iPhone and Android, and Android doesn't support flash either yet.

[citation][nom]jonathan1683[/nom]this doesn't mean much apple caps a lot of the bandwidth and forces you to use wifi for HQ you tube or apps that are over 10mb.[/citation]
Doesn't matter, they are detecting OS, not whether you connect via 3G or Wifi.

xenogen

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
Just like Microsoft, Googles Andriod is a open OS that companies can support on thier phones. Apples OS is locked to the iPhone. I think it's great that Apple created such a sucessful phone so other competitive companies will eventually out-do the iPhone. Once again proving that having closed off software and having a higher premium price on products is not only bad for the computer illiterate, uninformed customer that Apple suckers in to buy their products, it's also greedy.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
It is interesting to note that on a global scale, the Android and iPhones are growing at similar rates. But in the US, they seem to have an inverse correlation (i.e. Android is taking business from iPhone). I would speculate that has to do with the fact that AT&T is really a crappy network. Once Verizon came out with Android phones, people started leaving AT&T in droves.

Luscious

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
...and the EVO 4G will be yet another nail in Steve Jobs' coffin.

Somebody should frame that top chart and put it on his wall.

Dawgsoverrebs

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
[citation][nom]steve_jobs[/nom]This won't last for very long. Android violates several of our patents. Once we start suing more companies besides HTC then Android will probably be no more.[/citation]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa wow dude how on earth did you get the steve jobs user name i want that

sandmanwn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2006
doesn't seem like a good thing to have the phone that abuses networks the most, lol. I mean RIM has more smartphones out there than apple and their usage is way lower. Doesn't that mean RIM phones are more efficient than iPhones?

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
I for one is planning on getting an Android phone. Time for me to throw away my candy-bar phone. Never liked the iPhone.
And for a fact, I have not seen many iPhones in Asia. Most iPhones I saw in Asia were from foreigners, not the locals. Because people in Asia have so many other choices. So I wonder what the article meant by "Outside of the U.S.,... iPhone is untouchable"?? Maybe it's refering to South pole region? *haha*

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]sandmanwn[/nom]doesn't seem like a good thing to have the phone that abuses networks the most, lol. I mean RIM has more smartphones out there than apple and their usage is way lower. Doesn't that mean RIM phones are more efficient than iPhones?[/citation]
I dunno about efficiency, I think it has more to do with what people use the BBs for. From my own personal experience and based on the coworkers that own BBs, we generally don't download lots of apps or browse the internet too much with them. I primarily use the phone for email, texting, calls and occasionally as a GPS. The only time I use it for internet browsing is when I'm trying to look up a nearby (insert store/restaurant here), phone number or something else I can do quickly, I don't spend much time just 'browsing' with it. The features are there but I just don't use them that much. I tend to use it as a work device and not a fart machine.

d-block

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
[citation][nom]Luscious[/nom]...and the EVO 4G will be yet another nail in Steve Jobs' coffin.Somebody should frame that top chart and put it on his wall.[/citation]
Hell yeah! I plan on switching from Blackberry to Android when that comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.