Android Users Go Cuckoo for Angry Birds Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

micr0be

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
i love that game im playing it on my android all the time! ... man so many reasons to love android it would take hundreds of pages to right them all down.

sgdidache

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
At 1 million a day (and I think some people are still waiting at sides wondering what the whole fuss is about Angry Birds, like I was), it probably won't take long to reach 20 million downloads. Free is a great incentive to just download it, even if one never plays.

teknomedic

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2007
I wouldn't say the game is amazing... it's a good time waster and a decent game for a phone. I guess if all you play is Farmville, then yes, it's amazing. But if you've been a gamer since NES or before and you own all the current systems and have a gaming rig and use it more for gaming (ie, Starcraft II) vs "gaming" (ie, solitare)... then it's simply a nice game and good time waster... for a phone.

shoota

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
did you just compare a phone game to starcraft on a gaming pc?!? this game is amazing, and let me clarify for you, for a mobile app that's FREE

G

Screw ATT, I can't get this game because it's not on the Android Market and they block non-market apps. They also won't let you side load.

killbits

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
20 million iPwn downloads for a $1 game? and they spent $100,000 developing it according to wikipedia. That's quite the profit, even taking out the "rake" for Apple.

Personally I beat the game in about two days and didn't think it was that great, especially compared to Flight Control or Tilt to Live, also $1 games.

killbits

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
oops, upon closer inspection wikipedia reports the development cost for angry birds *exceeds* 100,000 *euros* making it closer to $150,000 usd.

still pretty damn good ROI

zmbcat

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Also it's a remake of some flash game "destroy the castle" or something like that, which is basicaly the same, but with catapult shooting rocks. Now this bird business just makes no sense, at least play the version that is not goofed into ridiculousness.

appolospb

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
Angry Birds was the top grossing game on iTunes 2mths back and has recently been surpassed by 0.03 Seconds and Cut The Rope. Both new games are more addictive and are less repetative than Angry Birds.

Status
Not open for further replies.