Angry Birds Costing $1.5 Billion in Lost Wages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinggremlin

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
This of course assumes that if people weren't playing Angry Birds that they would be doing something productive. Reality would likely find that to be true for 0-1% of those people at most. The average smart phone owner may make $35/hr (highly dubious, or at least misleading), but they are also lazy and more interested in checking their facebook page than doing any real work.

_Pez_

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
hmm I live in Mexico, and I do play sometimes angry birds at work maybe 20 min once or twice at week. :D I'm 26 and I find it very fun and relaxing when I'm stressed. Also my parents like the game and sometimes they play it for about 2 hours always at night. Now I'm looking forward to buy all the seasons or whatever other modes of angry birds game, if someone could let me know where to find them for PC, I will appreciate it. :D

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
I was hoping they would also consider in studying extra miles and extra hours spent by employees doing extra productive works, and compute for the manhour gain, translate it to $$$ gain, and compare the difference against the losses. These companies should also learn to consider the welfare of dedicated employees spending more time doing extra mile resulting to an excellent job well done. .

gmp23

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2011
A relaxed worker is a happy worker which in turn is a better worker, right? Ok then, more angry birds it is!

thesnappyfingers

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
who the f cares. People take smoke breaks, coffee breaks, bathroom breaks, text message, check messages, and space off and most certainly occupy their work time with myriads of other activities . People can not and will not work at 100%.

dthx

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
If angry birds had never exixted, I am quite confident that the same employees who now kill pigs with birds during office hours would have invented lots of other interesting methods for wasting their company's productive hours.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Without angry birds the gamer would instead be going postal and kill everyone he sees, how many lives doesn't that game save? But then again in the world of capitalism - money are more important than a bunch of saved lives. Ask the CEO's who produces their goods in where workers line in factory at abysmal conditions just to save a few cents per unit!

gokanis

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
The key words are..... "if 5-percent of those 200 million minutes are Americans playing Angry Birds at work, that's " This is a non story about the word if to fill up blank space about nothing.

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
I can only imagine how much windows solitaire must have cost people for the last 20 years. And before that, reading the paper. Bottom line is that people will slack off at work given any chance. I think not working 100% of the time is somewhat expected. It's when it is extreme that it becomes a problem.

I will also admit that there are more distractions out there than there have ever been (not just angry birds). Companies not putting up with lazy workers and a competetive job market should keep it from becomming too much of a problem.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
I don't get what's the big deal with those birds. (never play the game or care about it)
Like someone said people have been playing solitaire (another stupid game) or reading the paper etc... there is no difference.

Plus how they know (or could know) that this people are not playing with birds (of any kind) during their lunch break?

cinergy

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Nice google+ add tho[citation][nom]drwho1[/nom]I don't get what's the big deal with those birds. (never play the game or care about it) Like someone said people have been playing solitaire (another stupid game) or reading the paper etc... there is no difference.Plus how they know (or could know) that this people are not playing with birds (of any kind) during their lunch break?[/citation]

Cool story bro. You're in the minority.

G

oh come on get it right, dont go calling these folks gamers, they are office decorations....

G

THIS JUST IN: worldwide bowel movements account for trillions of wasted man hours. New SEC regulations regarding CEO hiring for the Fortune Top 100 Companies requires CEOs to have a broom shoved firmly up their rectum.

Status
Not open for further replies.