Angry Irish Soccer Fans Invade Wikipedia, Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

N19h7M4r3

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2008
they should have had it for such a long time... so many mistakes are made when the ref doesnt see or doesnt wanna see something...

lvlouro

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
Totally!!!
I can't understand people who are against it...
Many claim that technology can fail. Even if the technology fails it's the referees final call and I bet the tech will fail less than referees...

G

Im a big ireland football supporter and i can tell you we were absolutely robbed when this goal was allowed. Thierry Henry is a disgrace for this, he was even cheering after his teammate scored, then in an interview he admits he cheats as if to sway us away from his wrong doing. His actions put France into the world cup and Ireland out of contention. fuck henry

PMR100

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
I join them because France cheated their way into the finals. Fifa paid the refs to pass France. This is kind of like wining a basketball game by kicking in the last shot. World Cup is faked by Fifa

Herbert_HA

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
Yes, period. I'm from Brazil and I see this sort of stuff happen over and over again, spoiling the competitions. If we have the technology to end mistakes like that, we should employ them.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
One of the reasons I like soccer is because the game keeps moving all the time, half of the other professional sports you spend most of the game in time outs and the like. Video playback just means more time outs and less continuous play.

If they can implement it without breaking the flow of the game though, I'm all for it, I just don't want to see refs standing around a TV

wifiwolf

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
Yes, we need video assistance in football.
However, how many of you have seen offsides or handballs and the reporters say otherwise. When they don't want to see, there's nothing you can do.

webbwbb

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
Bah! I would like to know where the ref was standing when that call was made. I am a major football fan (the REAL kind not our blasted American version).

Jane, you did rather well at writing this in a rather unbiased way. I honestly do not think I could have done the same had it been my team that was cheated out. It is hard to say on whether they should allow replays.. It would make for much better calls on the field but, as Invlem said, it could definitely slow the games down a lot as well. Either way, it should be something they consider.

P.S. If I ever get the chance to visit the UK I will NOT order my eggs sunnyside.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]presidenteody[/nom]slowest news day at least most everything is spelled correctly[/citation]
Please, capitalize the beginning of your sentences and end them with the proper punctuation if you want to be taken seriously with your grammar comments.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]webbwbb[/nom]Jane, you did rather well at writing this in a rather unbiased way. I honestly do not think I could have done the same had it been my team that was cheated out.[/citation]

I'm absolutely devastated. The look on Shay Given's (goalie) face as he ran out of the goal to plead with the ref was heartbreaking.

gpj

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Wons[/nom]Im a big ireland football supporter and i can tell you we were absolutely robbed when this goal was allowed. Thierry Henry is a disgrace for this, he was even cheering after his teammate scored, then in an interview he admits he cheats as if to sway us away from his wrong doing. His actions put France into the world cup and Ireland out of contention. fuck henry[/citation]

Get.Over.It.
Shit.Happens.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Video replay in FIFA? What, *now* you want to reduce the fervor of the hooligans? If the games go off with out a hitch, and there is a clear winner, what will fuel the rage that so many futbol fans live off of? Beer prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.