anitivirus protection or what

Ron Holland

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
should i get something else to protect my pc besides windows defend i also have advanced system care running is there something for free that is is really good or am i set for right now?

Solution
If MS Defender was remotely capable of "defending" your PC there would not be a massive market for 3rd party antivirus companies like norton and kaspersky.

In my experience avast is decent for free, but if you watch newegg specials and amazon you can find Kaspersky for $15 or less and that is well worth it over any free version.
If MS Defender was remotely capable of "defending" your PC there would not be a massive market for 3rd party antivirus companies like norton and kaspersky.

In my experience avast is decent for free, but if you watch newegg specials and amazon you can find Kaspersky for $15 or less and that is well worth it over any free version.

Solution

VJ_Gamer

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
Windows defender has improved a lot after the windows 8. If you think you need more protection get Kaspersky or Bitdefender. They are good. You can buy antivirus for normal use or internet security if you browse too much or Total security with a complete package of advance features.

Good Luck.:) Peace.

JoshRoss

Estimable
Jul 11, 2017
Advanced system care is not exactly your best option.

Boosted1g, you say that, which is not wrong, since only recently Microsoft has started actively working on Windows Defender as a security suite. Also, Kaspersky has a free version now which is nice. Anyways, you will need 3 layers of security. Anti-virus, Anti-malware, and in browser solution.

Currently, Windows natively has its own anti-virus Windows Defender, and it works relatively well. The majority of the popular providers have free versions of their software to test out, and they also do the job. As for anti-virus, I recommend Comodo, Avast, Avira, Bitdefender, Kaspersky or Norton. All of them proven formidable.

With anti-virus, you usually will need to run anti-malware software. Not every single anti-virus has the full package included. Any of the popular software solutions will be solid as well. My recommendations towards ADWCleaner, Malwarebytes, Hitman Pro, I used them all, they did the job.

For in browser solution, you could use an Adblocker to protect you from malicious ads, uBlock takes this one for me.

But when it comes to the internet, no software will protect you 100%. My tip would be to be aware of what you are browsing and downloading. Do not click suspicious links, avoid shady files. Additionally, be careful with emails, a lot of malware is spread through fake/malicious emails. That is the best way of being safe out there. Good luck!

mdd1963

Distinguished
SecureAPlus works from a whitelisting principle in addition to benefitting from all the major cloud-based AV engines, and, also runs a simple ClamAV in the background ,and, when new things come along for install, it tends to block first, asks questions later, giving YOU the option, for instance, to decide if you think even Dropbox updates are safe....

Although the name sounds kind of 'corny', and almost like a fake/rogue scanner, it certainly does it's job, and, assorted youtube reviewers of it seem to agree....

My cpu usage remains at 1% at idle, so it is hardly intrusive or resource hogging, and, I notice no slowdowns during initial power-up daily 'quick-scans'...

I do not find it intrusive, but, some newer users unhappy with a 'block first/ask questions later/let the user decide'-approach certainly might....