Anker 8200 Mouse Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechnoD

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
This review is total trash and garbage, not worth a single moment of your time. I own this particular mouse, have used it for over a year, and is by far the best mouse I have ever owned.
1st off, this mouse is not $60, its actually only $40 (amazon.com), and is frequently on sale for lower than this.
2ndly, the software is also very intuitive. They list it as 'cumbersum', but in reality, it actually loads fast, has loads of features, and has never crashed once in all the time I have used it. The software allows you to create custom profiles and save them, and the process of switching is fast - simply load up your profile and apply, takes about 3 seconds to apply a profile at most.
3rd, the design is fantastic. not sure if Tom's has a different mouse, but my anker 8200 has silver thumb buttons and they are fantastic - work great, never missassign, and are easy to press without pressing the others.

Again, can't recommend this enough for the REAL price of $40, and if you don't believe me, find this mouse on amazon and read its fantastic reviews.

Marshall Honorof

Editor
Herald
Aug 1, 2013
@TechnoD — When we discuss price in the review text, we always talk about the MSRP. Actual price varies a lot due to retailer. If you read the review more carefully, you will see that I was describing the software's usability in comparison to comparable software from Logitech and Razer. The Anker 8200 software is usable, and you could certainly get used to it (as you have), but it's miles behind mice you could buy for a comparable price. "Total trash and garbage" is a very disrespectful way to describe a review; I believe there are more constructive ways to disagree.

@neonBarnacle — This is a good point, and we're actually updating that article as we speak. Stay tuned to see what our new top choice is.

alioth

Estimable
Apr 28, 2014
So the solution is to retcon and pan an otherwise great mouse. Try for example the logitech software with a logitech G700 for a month and talk about its goodness or mad catz sofware with an MMO7 for that matter. Good job Marshal, keep your articles coming.

alioth

Estimable
Apr 28, 2014
So the solution is to retcon and pan an otherwise great mouse. Try for example the logitech software with a logitech G700 for a month and talk about its goodness or mad catz sofware with an MMO7 for that matter. Good job Marshal, keep your articles coming.

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
i was asked to review this mouse last year and it got a pretty decent thumbs up for the price which at the time was about 30bux i said at the time it was well worth the money they were asking, but my qualifier was that it was good for the money, when the price went up it moved into the very competitive field of the midrange gaming mouse.
where i said it would struggle to compete, thats still my opinion. for budget gamers its great in fact hard to beat but in the middle ground it has a lot of competition which it may struggle with.
the reason i say its good for budget gamers is its well featured and the sensor is very decent with almost no acceleration issues. but over 18 months of use it did show up a build quality issue. the MMB spindle is very weak and eventually broke which as you can guess made it useless. but for the asking price at the time it was worthy.
today i would say it needs a slight redisign because many 15dollar mice lasted longer.
30bux its a good buy.
at 40bux not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.