Annoying thing in top left of my screen.

MatthiasD

Commendable
Mar 13, 2016
I have had my HP Spectre x360 for a couple years now, and for a long time there has been this thing in the top left of my screen. It does not impede regular use, and you can't even see it from some angles. It's just one of those things that annoys you just from the knowledge of it being there. My current theory is that it's some kind of rubber sealing that's just sagging down and covering the screen a little bit. I have a 4K touchscreen, so I'm not exactly comfortable messing around with it or taking it out myself. Tapping the edges of the screen has minimal/no effect. I would also rather not hand it in to Best Buy or something shady like that. Does anybody know what it is or have a solution? https://imgur.com/a/Lfauc8u

Solution
Not sure how you can expect someone to come up with a solution when you dont even know what you are describing. Take it somewhere you trust, who that is, no idea, you think Best Buy is shady so im not going to hazard a guess who to take it to. Have them diagnose whats wrong with it.

vrumor

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
Not sure how you can expect someone to come up with a solution when you dont even know what you are describing. Take it somewhere you trust, who that is, no idea, you think Best Buy is shady so im not going to hazard a guess who to take it to. Have them diagnose whats wrong with it.

Solution

bigpinkdragon286

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2012
It does look like something has fallen down a tad bit in the corner. Find a shop that specializes in TV repair, if there are any left in your area, that has somebody familiar with flat screens. Tinkering with a screen like that can lead to worse problems than what you started with.