Anonymous: Credit Card Theft Isn't Our M.O.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The Anonymous DoS would have also have been the ideal time for a revenge action: by HBGary.

Note that so far, no actual criminal use of the CC data has been reliably determined. HBGary could have simply downloaded the data onto a stick, pulled it out and destroyed it. With a hammer.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]zoemayne[/nom]i dont think anonymous did this why would they try to fraud the people?[/citation]

because they hate Sony so much they will do anything to put them out of business. if they do get framed it there own fault because there DDOS attack happened almost at the same time. they could have broke in during the DDOS attack and placed the file there. i wouldn't put it passed them

G

^^ not true in the least. You clearly do not understand the concept of anonymous in the least.

johnsmithhatesVLC

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
"Anonymous" is just a couple smart social engineering skiddies that get thousands of bored teens to aid in their attacks. At the moment, there is no hard evidence against anybody so you can't really say anything.

cobra5000

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2008
It will be interesting to see how this all turns out. Until then I sure wish I could log on to the DCUO account that I paid for!

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
Umm the reason why there has been no "real" CC fraud yet is because there were no files stolen, the reasons there are no logs is because they have deleted their own trail of planting evidence... This is all Sony's plan to get help from the governments to stop Anonymous from their DDoS attacks which are crippling all that they own online. They have pissed off the masses and just like at the Boston tea party, their tea is going into the harbor. Will be fun to watch how this unfolds.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
I had a dream some hackers stole $40,000 from my bank account.....the funny part was that I don't have anything near that amount in my account lol

zinabas

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
How could Anonymous have done this, when Sony was quoted yesterday (in the same letter that most of these quotes come from) saying 'there were no similar queries for credit card information'. They admit that nothing related to credit card information seem to be touched in the intrusion yet everyone is arguing whether or not Anonymous has their credit card info.

G

Someone could have just put a file in there to say that since it is a rather known motto of theirs to cover their trail...

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
Anonymous is all about corporate corruption and how to make it public knowledge. they go after thieves and lier's so they can show them they have some accountability to the so called little guy.

now that they are becoming more and more effective, the smear campaign have started. they cant get to anonymous directly so they will try and destroy his/there reputation... well let them try.

potatolord

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
The DDoS and thefts will probably be treated as linked until they are proved not to be. Any anonymous hackers who were involved in the DDoS (if they were) had better hope they're cleverer than the FBI and security companies investigating this.

Interesting times may well lie ahead for some people...

G

We need to unite and rate down the spammers! (sarcasm/serious)

masterbinky

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
Anonymous having issues with it's members? no way! No other group has to put up with how the actions of it's individuals affect the groups image as a whole. It may not have been anonymous's intent, but if the people who ddos'd sony, and stole the info are also apart of anonymous, guess what, anonymous will take blamed for it too. Funny how that works, whether it's right or wrong, that's how it is. So just suck it up like every other group that included some assholes.

masterbinky

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
On the note of spammers. They would not be doing it if they got nothing from it. It'd be easier to hunt down the 20 people that click spam and make them stop rather than go for the spammer.

Toter

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
Anonymous is far from just one group, many people claim to be anonymous and don't consider them selves to be impersonating the original so why does everyone assume that anyone claiming to be anonymous is part of the original group unless they are announced by that group?

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Blessedman[/nom]Umm the reason why there has been no "real" CC fraud yet is because there were no files stolen, the reasons there are no logs is because they have deleted their own trail of planting evidence... This is all Sony's plan to get help from the governments to stop Anonymous from their DDoS attacks which are crippling all that they own online. They have pissed off the masses and just like at the Boston tea party, their tea is going into the harbor. Will be fun to watch how this unfolds.[/citation]
Actually, the perpetrators of this plan is the Reverse Vampire Illuminati not Sony. It's true, I read it on a blog. Also, I think Glenn Beck mentioned it on his radio show.

Status
Not open for further replies.