Anonymous Launching Social Music Platform Called 'Anontune'

Status
Not open for further replies.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
...Yeah because nothing beats the audio quality of music streamed from YouTube. Why listen to high quality 320 kb/s MP3 rips when I could be listening to YouTube?

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
I think it is interesting that the "anonymous team" seems to be expecting people to trust them and use these things that they are releasing to the net.

I don't know about anyone else, but for me, trust and anonymous are not a natural association. If they were not a "hacktivist" group, I might consider trusting them; however, for me, using any of their supposed conveniences on the net would be the equivalent of knowingly giving my e-mail address to the world's most egregious spammers and expecting to not get spammed.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
its still prototype, so im holding off on trying it, but i do find it intresting, at least if my understanding of the project is correct.

santeana

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2003
I'm all over this!! Remember, Anonymous is on our side even though their methods may sometimes be a little shady. They're not after us, they're after the same people we all wish would just get hit by a bus anyway! I can't wait to try this shit! XD

schn1tt3r

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
In the end, they all get caught. They must hate their lives a lot. Another thing they recently decided to attack was the formula1.com website. The attack is supposed to take place at this Sunday's F1 race protesting against Bernie's decision to not cancel the Bahrain race.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
Sure, why not? But what about songs with publicities? Will the users (cause I won't be one of them) get them too or will the player somehow circumvent that?

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I fail to see how this will be technically possible. I guess if they just embed the youtube video on the page then it should work, but if they start just streaming the audio you can bet that Google will shut that down pretty quickly. The cause is a good one, but I'll wait to see their implementation before I throw my support behind it.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
i would rather they just keep putting out crackwarez for games music and movies or even a decoder program that was multi threaded or multicore decoding of all music movies and videos. a much better way to stick it to the MPAA/RIAA.
maybe upload it to the RIAA and MPAA sites for hosting and downloading
RIAA:
hey we had 4 million hits today alone! people are really starting to take notice to our piracy messages
MPAA:
ya our site crashed after 12 million hits, word is really getting around piracy is not cool. do you think we can talk some advertisers into renting ad space on your webpages with these hit counts?

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
I still don't understand the justification of stealing music...

Someone wrote the song, you like it, you download it... PAY THE MAN OR WOMAN FOR THEIR WORK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.