Anonymous Targeting Intel, Facebook, More Over CISPA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martell1977

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
[citation][nom]demonicrotato[/nom]What happened with Anonymous's claim that they were going to take down the 13 root DNS servers?[/citation]

The same thing that happened to "Killing Facebook" back in November.

As for their threats, I will belive it when I see it. Till then, its all just to get attention.

tokencode

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
While I agree in principle that this legislation is terrible, conducting what will be considered cyber attacks in order to protest a bill about cyber security is completely counter-productive. It gives credence to the idea that such a bill is needed. Go protest the companies in person, use intelligent arguments to persuade people that putting the government and possibly the military (who has an abysmal track-record including massive data theft, unencrypted video streams from drones intercepted using $50 software and drone control workstations being infected with viruses) in charge of a cyber-security is a bad idea for this country.

This is not exactly the most intelligent plan to prevent a bill regarding cyber-security from passing. Anonymous is its own worst enemy in this case.

frozonic

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
[citation][nom]Mromson[/nom]Does anyone still even give a shit what "Anonymous" does?[/citation]
yes, i do you piece of sh*t, they are the only group of people that are actually DOING something to protest against the fucking corporations that are slowly and inteligently taking controll of our so called "freedom" creating the necesity of buying their products that will be out dated next year... i will tell you something that will keep you thinking: if you cant beat them, join them. Even tough i´ve already joined in the big corporations and i make lots of money doesnt mean i still care about the money i am taking from other people, because know this, in order for one person to be rich, there must be at least 1000 poor people and even tough i dont agree with this, i agree that only the strongest survive and thats the only thing that keeps me from quiting my job, i currently make 750.000$ a year, and there is no worst feeling that knowing you practically stole that money with your business model

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
frozonic, intelligently is spelled with 2 L's. I didn't read much further than that...

Anyway, I can't see how the information collected by the companies isn't already used for the things listed there...illegally or not. It's what we can't see that is really messing with our privacy, and this bill is just letting us know it would be happening.

tokencode

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
[citation][nom]frozonic[/nom]yes, i do you piece of sh*t, they are the only group of people that are actually DOING something to protest against the fucking corporations that are slowly and inteligently taking controll of our so called "freedom" creating the necesity of buying their products that will be out dated next year... i will tell you something that will keep you thinking: if you cant beat them, join them. Even tough i´ve already joined in the big corporations and i make lots of money doesnt mean i still care about the money i am taking from other people, because know this, in order for one person to be rich, there must be at least 1000 poor people and even tough i dont agree with this, i agree that only the strongest survive and thats the only thing that keeps me from quiting my job, i currently make 750.000$ a year, and there is no worst feeling that knowing you practically stole that money with your business model[/citation]

Nothing is preventing you from donating that money to the needy. Would you propose that everyone get paid the same? I believe several countries have tried that model and most are part of history and those who still exist are not places you would want to even visit let alone live in. Simply stating that this system we have now is not perfect is not contributing anything. If someone does not work as hard as you or is not as intelligent and innovative as you, are you saying you wouldn't be upset if they were compensated the same as you? What is the motivation to work hard and innovate? Please come up with a viable solution as an alternative, I'll be sitting here waiting....

G

Wow...750,000 cutie. I think it is a good idea to pursue peace when you can and while it seems anonymous is doing something that could prove to benefit the rest, I would suggest, that you play a more honest game. Prostrating yourself as if you have some kingship capital over the majority of us when your grammer reflects a 5th grader's only discounts the credibility to your verbage. ...just sayin. You sound like an isolated pretween looking for some cyber fantasy to promote an image of yourself that is much more than what is.

cathode

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
If they want the attention of the people perhaps they should target and shut down for a couple of hours the big media like Fox, ABC,NBC, etc. I'm pretty sure they will get the message.

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
Anonymous will all get caught eventually its only a matter of time. They are going to pass laws that hurt average americans because of what Anonymous is doing to protect us against Anonymous. If its the cost of a little privacy i would like to see Anonymous taken to jail and then the laws later reversed when lawyers decide its against our constitutional rights.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
[citation][nom]Mromson[/nom]Does anyone still even give a shit what "Anonymous" does?[/citation]

More so than they give a shit about what you do, I assure you.

[citation][nom]tokencode[/nom]While I agree in principle that this legislation is terrible, conducting what will be considered cyber attacks in order to protest a bill about cyber security is completely counter-productive. It gives credence to the idea that such a bill is needed. Go protest the companies in person, use intelligent arguments to persuade people that putting the government and possibly the military (who has an abysmal track-record including massive data theft, unencrypted video streams from drones intercepted using $50 software and drone control workstations being infected with viruses) in charge of a cyber-security is a bad idea for this country. This is not exactly the most intelligent plan to prevent a bill regarding cyber-security from passing. Anonymous is its own worst enemy in this case.[/citation]

You missed the part about where they are going to protest this one in person. There are plenty of intelligent arguments against this. The general populace is not intelligent enough to understand an intelligent argument. If U.S. citizens comprehended a fraction of what the government's been railroading them with, there would be rioting in the streets. What soapbox would they even stand on to argue? Most people get their opinions from mass media, and mass media is corporate controlled. One interesting thing is that you say they should point out the military's inability to keep information safe. They seem to be doing just that. Do you feel these companies can safely handle your info if they keep falling so easily to scrip kiddie attacks? I doubt the average person does.

[citation][nom]demonicrotato[/nom]What happened with Anonymous's claim that they were going to take down the 13 root DNS servers?[/citation]

It wasn't them that made the claim. Anyone can run around claiming to be Anonymous and make a claim. For a tech forum, a lot of people don't seem to understand that "Anonymous" is just an ideal of the anonymity that the internet provides. It isn't just one specific group of people.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Okay, so you're going to try and DDoS some of the worlds largest corporations that don't just run a couple dozen servers here and there, but run thousands to tens of thousands? Good luck, they're laughing at you.

aoneone

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
whatever happened to you guys shutting down the internet on march 31st? i was SO looking foward to that.. now I look foward to NOTHING!

crabdog

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
Here go anonymous again, always the same old crap. Can't give them any points for imagination:

Waah McDonalds sells unhealthy food - DDoS
Waah the government won't increase my unemployment benefits while I sit at home on the computer - DDoS
Waah this company hasn't offended me yet but I've found a flaw in their security - DDoS

Pathetic. At least Robin Hood gave something back to the poor. What do we get for Anonymous' efforts? In the end they will give us all tighter restrictions and less internet freedom. Ironic that this is what they are claiming to be fighting against...

tokencode

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
[citation][nom]kinggraves[/nom]More so than they give a shit about what you do, I assure you.You missed the part about where they are going to protest this one in person. There are plenty of intelligent arguments against this. The general populace is not intelligent enough to understand an intelligent argument. If U.S. citizens comprehended a fraction of what the government's been railroading them with, there would be rioting in the streets. What soapbox would they even stand on to argue? Most people get their opinions from mass media, and mass media is corporate controlled. One interesting thing is that you say they should point out the military's inability to keep information safe. They seem to be doing just that. Do you feel these companies can safely handle your info if they keep falling so easily to scrip kiddie attacks? I doubt the average person does.It wasn't them that made the claim. Anyone can run around claiming to be Anonymous and make a claim. For a tech forum, a lot of people don't seem to understand that "Anonymous" is just an ideal of the anonymity that the internet provides. It isn't just one specific group of people.[/citation]

DDOS attacks are not a form of protest, they are exactly what they sound like, denying a service to a business entity's customers. You can sit outside a bank and protest all you want, you cannot prevent that banks customers from entering the bank. Anon would do best by keeping their protests in meatspace. By using at best questionable methods on-line, they invite the proponents of this legitimation to cite their very activities as the reason the legislation is needed. By DDOSing sites, Anon is creating a very good argument as to why this this should be passed in the eyes of vast majority of Americans.

walter87

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
[citation][nom]mightymaxio[/nom]Anonymous will all get caught eventually its only a matter of time. They are going to pass laws that hurt average americans because of what Anonymous is doing to protect us against Anonymous. If its the cost of a little privacy i would like to see Anonymous taken to jail and then the laws later reversed when lawyers decide its against our constitutional rights.[/citation]
You do realize that Anonymous is a collection of people from around the world. The US has no jurisdiction to pursue said individuals. They would only be wasting more of your tax dollars in doing so, since you don't have to sign up to be a part of Anonymous. Several hackers have been arrested in the past, but it hasn't stopped more from joining.

Status
Not open for further replies.