Anonymous Threatens To Shut Down Internet Next Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenericUser

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
Doubt it would even be likely, but since all the recent hacks on these companies lately have been more the fault of bad security and easily preventable attacks, who knows... (still skeptical anyway)

oxxfatelostxxo

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
So im all for supporting some other hacker group to shut down anonymous shit....

Seriously all for people taking thier own stance... But let us protest SOPA in our own way.
Trying to do something that affects us all will just piss us off.

pharoahhalfdead

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
(YAWN!) "In more interesting news, child needs more than 200 stitches after dog bites several times... That'll teach him not to bite dogs anymore."

G

I guess they forgot that most downstream DNS servers make use of DNS cache and dont perform all lookups to root servers unless request is new or cache is cleared.

G

Well they are very stupid if they think the DNS servers do not have overflow protection on them. Think Ping Blocker on steriods even regular UDP packets may look like its going through but only one request per static IP sure you can attempt a proxy but the static ip can not be masked . Stupid people think this net is like the phone back in the late 80s before caller ID .

here is what will happen they will attempt a flawed UDP attack the DNS server being more secure that fort briggs will accept one request and dump the rest if they try 1000 sources to dump a UDP attack and 1000 will go through then dump hundreds of thousands of requests.
making this hacker group look like tools they really are.

all this is , is empty threats like the last facebook attempt it will FAIL like the group

G

I say go for it. That shows what these bills that they are trying to pass could make happen to the internet.

G

I'm confused how they work out that DoS'ing root servers is going to stop local cached DNS lookups...

pharoahhalfdead

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]They shouldnt have announced that this far out and waited till a day before, this gives the people that control the servers time now to stop the attack in advance, real swift.[/citation]

But that takes way too much intelligence and common sense. You're talking about the WRONG group.

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
I think that some people are misunderstanding the point behind this (attempt). Sure, you will be pissed off when you can't get online, who wouldn't be...now, whose fault is it? Anonymous, I hear you say...but that's only half true. Causality. Anonymous want people to think a little further than "OMG NOWEIS, NO INTRENETZ!!! I CAN'T TROLOLOL!" ...what made Anonymous DO this?

Open your eyes. think about stuff. go and protest the greedy capitalist dogs. because if you don't, the people who are, will affect you more and more...

Whether or not Anonymous can pull it off...I have my doubts :p

rocknrollz

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
This actually made me laugh. Not only to the fact that they think they can turn the internet off temporally. But that they actually think it will do anything.

G

This is a group that has done many things that everyone thought was not possible before. And somehow I think the collective is a lot more intelligent than just doing that one simple procedure....very likely it's much more complex then they're making it sound. Just because you're all idiotic enough to think it's that simple.....

Anyways, maybe it will make you people wake up and see what is happening around you and start giving a shit.Because for that one day, it WILL affect you!

Status
Not open for further replies.